Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/30/2011

Settled

Not much to say tonight. Actually thats not true. There is a lot I would like to say, but I won't. I'm exhausted and so I just want to let you all know that Ash is home and she is happily settled into her bed. We have seen her smile for the first time all week and even heard a giggle or two. She's tired. Weak. Worn out. BUT...she's home and she's happy.

We are going to do our best to keep putting one foot in front of the other without getting too ahead of ourselves. My hope is to string together a good day with another with another until it becomes the norm for us again.

I know you all have lots of questions. I understand that. We have lots of questions too. There just don't seem to be a lot of answers though. Ultimately what matters most to us is Ashley Kate and her well being. The best thing that could happen for her today was to bring her home. So we did. WITH FULL SUPPORT OF OUR MEDICAL TEAM AND PHYSICIANS. None of our decisions are being made independently or lightly. None of them. You don't have to understand. Its really ok. I don't expect anyone to understand. Very few people truly do and unfortunately they happen to be experiencing situations similar to ours.

I just wanted you to know she is home and happy. We are settled in for the night. Her next med is due at 4am so I'm going to go rest for a few hours. Goodnight my friends. Thank you for your support and for your presence in our lives. You are making a difference in our world and we thank you for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home