Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/30/2011

Again...and...Again

Blood cultures returned positive...again.

Bilirubin climbed...again.


Both are disappointing, but not surprising.


I'm relatively calm about it all. Seems surreal at this point. A life threatening bug is growing inside of my daughters "life line" and there is nothing that can be done about it. Huh...what does that mean? I really don't know. I really don't. Do we stay in the hospital or go home? I don't know. I don't think anybody knows what to do with us at this time. Nothing can be done in Longview, Shreveport, or Omaha that isn't currently being done. Treat it with antibiotics and hope that it will eventually clear. All three destinations have the same course of treatment available. Pull the line. It can't be done and they as well as we know that it can't be done. What do you do when the only sure treatment steals the opportunity to grow up right out from underneath her feet? I wish somebody knew.

Her liver? Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. Not sure what this is going to do to her quality of life but I'm pretty sure that if it doesn't start to reverse itself then its not going to add to it.

I'm calm. Maybe a little numb.

That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home