Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/11/2007

She has Us...

...(her mommy and her daddy) right where she wants us; wrapped around those little fingers!

Our sweet Ashely Kate is absolutely rotten! There is NO denying it. I must face the facts. This little girl has conned us and we have fallen for it. She slept ALL NIGHT LONG from midnight until 8a.m at her Nan's house without her favorite puppy Blue. Can you believe this? My mom came in this morning ready to share all of her wisdom and how she had gotten our little pickle to rest so well. Except I have a little problem. I have ALREADY tried EVERY SINGLE thing that my mom did. NONE of it works for me. I tell you that little girl has set us up! She is absolutely the funniest and orneriest little person I have ever known, and I think she is wonderful. I love this child so very much it doesn't even matter that she has taken us prisoner at night along with her accomplice Blue.

After singing myself to sleep with the words "We just figured out Blues Clues because were really smart" I slept so well. It was fabulous! Today at lunch Dave came home and told me he woke up singing the same song. All I could do was laugh which in turn made our sweet Ashley Kate laugh too. We are so messed up! We actually have been brainwashed along with our little pickle.


We tried switching to the new DVDs that grandma brought. All she did was cry big, huge tears down those puffy cheeks until we turned them off. As soon as she saw Blue running up that sidewalk to her front door she along with her tear stained cheeks began to smile and applaud. It was so funny. What are we going to do with her? I have started using her addiction to my advantage. I know its probably wrong but it works so I'm using it. The only time she is allowed to watch Blue in the daytime is when she is in her stander. Tricky huh! She hates the stander, but she loves Blue so once the show starts she stops crying, lifts her little head up, and stands up straight and tall. I think that's pretty clever. If she is going to veg out on that program she might as well do a little therapy at the same time. I'm telling you we are having to get creative with her. She is just too funny.

In case I haven't shared it lately I love this baby. She is the most amazing person. I love spending every day with her. I love playing with her. I love rocking her. I love wiping those tears off her rosy cheeks. I love watching Blake and Allie talk to her. I love seeing her cuddle up with her daddy. I love who she is, and I even love being the one who "gets" to stay up with her through the night. I just love her and I am so glad to be her mommy. Everyday with Ash is a gift and we are so very blessed.

Monday is coming too quickly for me. I am getting nervous about the trip. I am trying to distract myself by working on her birthday party details, but with all the phone calls back and forth dealing with appointments, hospitals, insurance, hotels and the like it is making me crazy. I really just want it to be behind us. In the back of my mind I know I am frightened about the scans. She will be scanned early Tuesday morning, but we won't be told the results until Thursday. She is scheduled for MRI on Tuesday, an infusion on Wednesday, and appointments with Oncology and Transplant on Thursday. In between all of this we have made plans to have dinner with a couple of our favorite nurses(we are so excited about this!), and we are hoping to make plans with one of our very special transplant friends(we can't wait to see Daisy), and another friend of mine who is one of the nurses moms. These parts of the trip I am actually looking forward too. It will be a crazy week, but hopefully we will bring good news and definite plans back with us. We are praying for clear lungs, no tumors and no signs of spreading or growth. Wouldn't that be great? I know God has done bigger things in Ash's life and this is not too hard for Him.

If you think about it today would you please keep my family members in your prayers. My aunt's son passed away from cancer this morning and my mom is now on the road traveling. I also have an unspoken request on behalf of one of my siblings and any prayers would be so very appreciated. I have been blessed with an amazing family and each of them are precious to my heart. When they hurt my heart hurts for them and how I wish I could take the tough times away from them. Broken hearts, grieving hearts, and frightened hearts are all very familiar to me, and I find comfort in knowing that in these situations just as in my Ashley's that our Father in Heaven is never caught off guard or surprised. As always you are loved and you are appreciated. Thank you so much for coming to Ashley's story today. May God bless you. Trish

10 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to smile when reading about Ashley sleeping through the night at Grandma's house. She must really love you both to want to stay up all night with you!!

Please let me know if I can assist in any way when you come to Omaha. If you need a place to stay, a friendly face or anything at all, let me know: 402-598-7412 or dmeyer37@cox.net.

We pray your time in Omaha will be short and successful and that you will all be reunited quickly and with better health than ever for Miss Ashley.

Love, Lou Ann

 
At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Nan, praying for her sister and husband, praying for the unspoken, and as always - praying for Gherkin and for you guys as you prepare for Omaha. Also praying that all the tumors are GONE and NO CANCER CELLS remain! Praying for good results on all testing and for you to enjoy your time there with old friends, as well. Also praying for Blake and Al during your absence. We'll take good care of them! Praying, praying, praying! Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Praying in a mighty way for little Ashley!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Hey Trish- I know you are busy getting ready for the trip but if you get a sec would you drop me a line at lonestarmomof4@aol.com
I'd appreciate it! :)

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I think you are a genius for using her blue obsession to her advantage! I save Thomas videos for my guy when he has to do difficult things (haircuts, for example, are painful and excruciating, i know it sounds weird). So, I am all for the videos during the standers! Go you!
Glad you slept well!

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Way to go Trish - use Blue to your advantage!

We will pray for your aunt, your mom and everyone involved - as well as for the unspoken request! We are also praying for your trip, doctor visits and your family as they miss you guys!

I have to share really quick - my 5yo today prayed for Ashley - we got our painting - it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow she saw it and asked about it and I explained that Ashley's big sister painted it to remind people to pray for her and to give God thanks...she looked at me and said - 'oh mommy, I want to pray'...so she proceeded to say this:

"Dear God please help all of Ashley's boo-boo's go away like you are doing for my knee. See right here on my knee when I fell (at which point she raises her knee up towards the sky - we were walking back from our mailbox) - thank you in your name - amen"

I thought that was so precious that I just had to share! You guys have become a part of our day - check your post and pray! Thank you again and again for letting us share in this journey! Much love and prayers - Sunshine

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Krista said...

This is typical Princess ! They love to get mom and dad going. Trish, i wanted to let you know, I got busy today and could not get out of the office. i will be by the ofc to get my painting tomorrow if he is open. I am off tomorrow instead of my usual Wednesday. Have a great evening. Praying for Peace for you and for those cancer cells to be GONE!

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Micki said...

You do not know me. I found you all by just googling "Omaha transplant." I just want to encourage you as this Omaha thing looms before you. Ashley Kate is a happy baby, and happy babies feel good. Babies who feel good are not sick. She is doing wonderfully. And so are all of you. That's why I am writing. I have walked in your shoes. And you are all weathering this so beautifully. I could relate with you, Trish, each step of the way through these past months. You expressed yourself sooooo well when times were challenging. And you always speak with such patience and love for all your family. I really do think you are all just lovely. Safe travels, and best wishes for news that leaves you peaceful.

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying in addition to the other requests that you have a restful weekend before you have to leave. (I had to laugh at Ashley. She is such a stinker! I can just see her laughing to herself about it all! That silly mommy! )

 
At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Trish! I have to just laugh when I read that that adorable little pickle decided she will sleep all night at Grandma's house. My ornery little one does the same thing. lol!! I will be prayng for your trip to Omaha and for wonderful news.

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home