Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/06/2007

Shes going Pro

Once from her back to her front. Five times from her front to her back. We might as well allow her to go pro! I wonder what kind of salary a professional roller over can earn? She has officially entered the "never walk away from her stage" and I am so happy. When Ash decides to go there is no stopping here. The key is "Ash decides". Its all about her time schedule. We had 2 grandmas, 1 graypa, 1mommy, 1 daddy, and 2 siblings all ready to applaud. Do you think our little professional obliged? Don't kid yourself. I had just witnessed her rolling 3 times in a row, beautiful roll overs with no assistance. Bring in the audience and make mommy look like shes lying. I tell you this little pickle is stubborn!

She is finally coming back around. Its been a long week of fussy, sleepy baby. Today she sat and played with her toys, cuddled with daddy, and began to take back her role as ruler of the house. I promise we DO intend on parenting this child someday. Just not today. We are just so happy to have this opinionated, bossy, controlling, little lady home. I realize these are not fruits of the spirit, but we do talk about them. She just hasn't learned to exhibit any of them yet. She will. Have faith. Our Allie was a little the same way and after years of hard work and many, many prayers she has come around and now exhibits the fruit of the spirit beautifully. At this moment our sweet Ashley Kate has wrestled the remote away from her Nan and is now celebrating her own accomplishment with rousing applause and smiles. Blues Clues is the show she likes and it is the show the rest of us are learning to love. Anything for the pickle.

Dave and I actually had the opportunity to act like a couple this evening. We went on a date. A little dinner and a $1.50 movie. He told me not to feel too bad about the "splurge". He assured me I was worth the price of my ticket. At this point in our lives I will take it. Who cares if we were at the dollar show. We were together, holding hands, and laughing like kids again. Thanks grandma and graypa for babysitting. We sure did enjoy ourselves.

I'm loving this life. Every moment of it. Rolling babies, dollar movies, and children staying up way too late just because its summertime and they can( they have started tucking us in because we are too old and tired to hang with them). I can't imagine things being any better. I am so very thankful to be here in this house with this group of people.

Just wanted to say good night to you guys and let you know how very much you mean to us. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for praying for our sweet Ashley Kate. Your prayers have made all the difference in her life and I don't take that for granted. I hope you enjoyed your Friday night as much as we did ours. Take care. Trish

9 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of the girls and of Ashley "before and after" her transplant. What a difference the year made! Also, what a BEAUTIFUL complexion she has now! She is stunning. I pray that the news from NE this month is what we all want to hear. Cheers, Mary from one hot CA town

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

I am so glad ya'll had a date night out, I know it did you both so much good. I am also thankful that you have amazing parents who are so willing to be a part of your life.
And hooray for Ashley beginning to turn over, what a miracle!
I hope ya'll have an awesome weekend.
My Ashley is purchasing her first new car this weekend and wants her mom to go with her, I have to tell you she too was a very late bloomer because of her prematurity and health concerns, and now she will get her first new car!
Blessings family!

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

So happy to hear of Ashley's new accomplishment. It's nice that you're enjoying the simple pleasures of just being family and being together. Blessings to you all!

 
At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Ashley!!! What exciting news. I am also glad to hear that Mom & Dad got to break away & get some "date" time. Keep rolling....you need that prep for the next milestones GOD has in store for you to achieve!! Praying....

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

The girls are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing about the rolling, you guys are awesome! :) GO ASHLEY GO ASHLEY GO ASHLEY!!!!

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Roll, Ashley, roll! Awesome news! Glad you two had a date night. Sounds like fun! So glad Ashley is coming out of the yuckies. Now maybe she'll show the rest of them her new trick soon. God bless!

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My email hasnt been working, so should I send you guys a letter so that you can get my address?
Praying in Indiana,
Andrea B.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go, Ashley!

And I'm so glad you were able to have a date--those dates are priceless, aren't they? :)

 
At 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-

I am just now catching up on your blog after almost 2 weeks. We do not have internet service yet at our brand new house. Hopefully this week. I would really like a painting of Allison's. They are beautiful. My email is slfunk3763@hotmail.com. I can pick any messages up on my cell phone. I would love to contribute to such a worthy and precious cause and huge miracle! I am honored.

Thank you so much!

Shari

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home