Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/01/2007

Telling Her Story

It has been a week of struggling, of debating, and of praying. I really thought that we had shared all we could. I had told myself that people were tired of hearing, tired of listening, and tired of reading about her. I told myself that her story had been told and we had done our job, but after hearing about the lives that were changed during the benefit concert last night I realized that He is still using our Ashley to tell not only her story but HIS. THANK YOU CINDY for helping me to see that He is not finished with His work. The truth behind the struggle is that I was tired. Tired of being criticised and of having my words mistaken by those who don't really know me and don't really know my heart. This morning I am no longer tired. I am excited. God is using her story, and He didn't bring her this far for a weary mommy to stand in the way of His plan for her life.

Ashley's story may never reach the masses or never change the world, but that's o.k. What I am learning is that Ashley's story changes hearts. One heart at a time. It began by changing our hearts and it continues to trickle into the hearts that HE brings to hear . It is no accident that those of you who love and pray for our Ashley have come to know her. It is no accident that you are reading the words of this journal. If you are here then you are hear because I believe He wants to use you to make a difference. He IS using you to make a difference. Your prayers are keeping her close to the throne of grace and they are changing lives all over. Your encouragement and support push us to become better people, better parents, better witnesses. I could never thank you enough for holding me accountable. When I am tired and weary I come here and it sends me back to Him. Thank you for the part you are playing in this story.

Ashley's journey is nothing like I had thought it was going to be. It has been difficult and painful and exhausting, but I would not change one moment, or one day, or one piece of it. It is this journey and this struggle that is molding me. The joy that I feel inside because I am allowed to love her is wonderful. He has shown me how it feels to love others with the love of Christ, and I assure you that the joy that comes back to you when you allow yourself to just love on people is indescribable. If Ashley's story can change one heart or life then her journey has been worth it. If the telling of her story can bless one tired mommy or encourage one transplant family then I will tell it. Its all about pointing others to Christ. That's why she has been on this journey.

I will continue to write her story. I will continue to tell anyone who chooses to listen all that the Father has done in our lives through this amazing child. I will continue. It is taking me awhile to lose the walls and the shields that I hid myself behind this week. It is still painful when I think how I failed to show some my true heart and intentions, but its not about them. I am still learning how to keep my eyes focused on Him and not allow the words or opinions of others to hurt. Shame on me for ever taking those words to heart. His opinion is far more important and His forgiveness holds no memory of wrong.

I love you guys for you willingness to love our Ashley because you love the Father. I love you guys for sticking around on the good days and the bad days. I love you guys because you choose to be here each day cheering me on as her mom and lifting her up in prayer. I love you guys because you tell others about her and that allows others to see the miracles He works each day in our home. Breathing, laughing, smiling, rolling, eating, clapping, standing, playing, are all miracles when they are done by this little pickle who was almost lost time and time again. Each day I hold and kiss and love on a miracle and that has changed my heart. Thanks guys for helping me see the bigger picture this past week. You have changed my life. Have a great day. Trish

13 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Well this was the second best sermon I have heard today!! Good for you Trish. I knew if you caould over come your weariness of the thundermuffins who take Joy away then you would be ok!
this is your life and no one elses and you are to keep telling Ashleys story. I think God is pretty proud of your family and that is all that matters. People are going to be hurtful but just don't let it stop you from the work God has begun!!
Have a Blessed day today!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You Trish for sharing Ashleys journey with us. I know I feel blessed by hearing your wonderful love for the Lord, because I feel the same about Him. We do love you and your family, and I pray for you guys every day. Thank you.

 
At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never left a blog comment before, but I want you to know that I have re-committed my life to our Lord Jesus Christ because of your sweet words here at this blog. I pray I grow to become even half the strong, sincere, faithful, joy-filled Christian woman you are, Trish. I admire you so. Thank you for sharing your heart... you have brought me back to Him.

 
At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujia!!!

Sandra in Omaha

 
At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you! we love you all!

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger ivegot5 said...

Trish - I'm so glad you were able to overcome the pain, put it where it belongs (behind you) and keep telling your story. Lifting y'all up! Laura

 
At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - You're words are so profound and true. As you can see, there is at least one person that has come to know Christ through this website. This is only one person that we know of! Imagine how many have come to know Christ but don't want to post it on the website. It's truly amazing!

Please continue to share your thoughts and prayers so others may learn about Him through Ashley's Story. I know there will be some that don't understand or might say hurtful things. However, these bloggers keep coming back for a reason ... they want to believe. They want to have faith. While some words may be hurtful, I truly believe Ashley's Story and the work of our Savior is chipping away at the bitterness and negative beliefs of some. Through time, their hearts will become full of love, trust, and faith ... God has a plan for each and every one of us!

On another note, I love your family and I am ALWAYS uplifted when I read that Ashley had a good day or reached a new milestone ... most of us bloggers are!

We all have moments of weakness and doubt, but Ashley has helped me see beyond the explainable and helped me to put ALL of my faith in the Lord and to trust him with all of my heart!

And trust me ... after everything I have been through with my dad ... if I hadn't put my trust in Him and let Him carry me ... I would've ALREADY had a nervous breakdown a LONG TIME AGO!

Keep your chin up as will I. Through Christ, all things are possible.

Love you always,
Regina D.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Wonderful! I have learned so much about faith from you all and I am thrilled that you will continue this story here. :) Prayers to you all.
d:)

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to read this post! Thank you for being so willing to share such an amazing journey - we are praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunshine

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Darbys on the go ... said...

Thanks for sharing Ally with us today. Love ya'll!

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish I really don't believe you have Hid behind any Shields and Walls.You pretty much tell what You Want and Need.We all get the Hints you put out.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Love you and your family. Praying for Ashley and the upcoming trip. Your blog has been a daily blessing to many.

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger TheRagan3 said...

Thanks for the reminder of HIM and His grace and mercy to us. Your lives are the sweet savor of His life.
Celebrating life with you-
erinn
maryland

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home