Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/28/2007

Update from the Artist

Tonight as I was tucking the kids into bed I learned a few more facts about the naming of our Allison's signature piece of art, and I can't stop smiling.

I asked her what made her call the painting, "Waves of Grace". She told me she couldn't think of a good name so she asked Blake what she should call it and he said, "I think "Waves of Grace" would be a good name."

I went to tuck Blake in and told him I didn't realize he had named Allie's painting she made for Ashley's story. "Where did you get the idea for that name?", I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "The national anthem I think." "The national anthem?" "Yeah. When I looked at it I started singing "yonder waves of grace". The waves made me feel like singing that song."
"Oh... Well I love the name and the painting." I said as I tried not to break out laughing. He had sung the words "yonder waves of grace" to the tune of America the Beautiful and I realized he had mistaken the actual words "amber waves of grain" for his own rendition of the song.

The actual facts just make the name and the painting all the more precious to a mom's heart. I love those two kids, and I love the way they love their baby sister. Now when I look at it I not only feel the "waves of God's grace" that have washed over Ash's life, but now I also have a wave of laughter that comes across my heart.

I can't wait for Ash to read this page of her story some day. I hope the story makes her smile as much as it does me.

9 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a smile :). I always enjoy those that you share. Thank you for spreading joy.
Joyce

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger preechrboy said...

Wow...be sure and tell Allie that Uncle Chuck said that's a beautiful work of art.

I've been so busy with our VBS this week, that I have failed to check up on you guys. (Not a good excuse I know, but it's true).

We can't wait to see you guys again. People are still talking about the wonderful baby shower. And I attempted to contact you several times that day just to let you know how much I appreciated all that you did for Katelyn and Rae.

God Bless, and the boys and I are praying each night for the best results from Omaha.

Isa 52:12 For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

 
At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love from Indiana,
Andrea

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Fiffer said...

I was on vacation and busy for a few weeks and am just catching up. Sounds like some anonymous poster has put you through the wringer. Please don't let one unkind person's remarks take away your God-given gift of blogging. Your posts help me to love on my husband and kids a little tighter. Many many thanks to a very special family for being so open & honest in sharing your journey. Love, Martha

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, she will. I like the bright colors Allison used in the painting. Cards are a great idea, as is e-bay! Isn't it just so kind of God to give us little "kisses" from heaven during such a hard time to refresh us? My heart is so tender for you and your family.

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

I want a picture too!!!!!!!! Can I send a request and money to the address on this site - the one in Texas - with my address and information? Sorry to ask in the comment section, but I didn't know how else to ask :)

You guys have blessed me so much with the last few posts - I am catching up today on the last few posts and sending a HUGE smile and hug your way! May God bless you and comfort you! Much love - Sunshine

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

How awesome, I am so thankful that the Lord is showing you his great works in Ashleys life. I know ya'll are overjoyed I would be too!!!
We rejoice with you on these mile stones and I am so thankful!
Count me in on Ashleys art. I cant wait to recieve her art.
soulwriter1@yahoo.com I do want to contribute money also in honor of both Allie and Ashley! Let me know how ok?
Love yall.

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

I meant Allies art for Ashley, sorry Allie!!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

How cute! It's amazing how those little minds work and even when they make a mistake, it can still be so profound. (Sorry to comment so late, but I was gone over the weekend and am catching up!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home