Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/25/2007

Breaking the Rules

Ash has had another rough day today. It seems she has a cellulitis infection around her G-tube. Her skin is angry red and inflamed and each time she moves she is in a lot of pain. She has spent the better part of the day sleeping. At one point Blake and I were playing catch in the living room (don't tell Trish) and Ash began to just crack up with the belly laughs. I don't know if she found the ball funny, or me, or Blake, or if she just knew she was a part of breaking Mom's house rules but whatever it was she was having a great time and we were so happy to see it. After the ball game I laid down on the couch and the Gherkin laid on my chest and hit me in the head. I am not sure why she likes that so much, she doesn't hit anyone else in the head, just me. It was really nice to get to hold her as I have not gotten to do that much lately. She eventually fell asleep there and if not for the two bottles of water I drank we would still be laying there. Thank you for your prayers for Ash today. I appreciate you more than you know.

I want to thank those who have offered support to Trish following the last few posts. Knowing that so many of you would come to her defense and love her is overwhleming. I would however like to ask that you do not attack each other. This will not give any glory to our Heavenly Father. If you would like to post a comment I ask that you sign it. I will not block anonymous comments because the only way to not allow them is to only allow comments from registered users. If I were to set it up this way about 1/2 of the comments we receive would be blocked. So I have elected to continue to receive anonymous comments. Again, thank you for your support, but let us all please respond with kindness for each other.


Trish and I are choosing to leave this part of our Ashley's story with these words.

Colossians 3

...but now ye also put of all these things; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Put on therefore as the elect of God, holy and beloved,bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity...

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts...and be ye thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.



God Bless you.

Dave

5 Comments:

At 5:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dave & Trish,

First of all, thank you for continuing to let us know how we can be praying for Ashley and your family. It is truly our privilege to do so.

Secondly, Trish, please don't change how you write one little bit. May I give you one small reason why I ask you to continue being so real and authentic as you do? I'm on staff at our church and when a mom is struggling with the issue of dealing with a very sick child, I will send her to your blog to be encouraged and lifted as she sees that her own struggle is not isolated. You have a great gift of bearing your heart and soul, your fear and your honest concern before the Lord for the life of your child and it is such an encouragement to all of us as we see our Father graciously caring for you and carrying you through it all.

You are loved dear ones and are continually being lifted. Never underestimate how God is using you every single day to add to His kingdom.

With Love and prayers,
Becky from Kalamazoo

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Tambi said...

Thank you for updating us on dear, sweet Ashley. I pray that this infection has abated by this morning and she's abounding with lots of smiles today (and more love taps for Dad).

Thank you also for your examples of love, grace and faith in Jesus. You continue to remind us that it's ALL about Him. What a privilege to read your words of faith!

God bless you Dave, Trish, Blake, Allison and Ashley Kate!

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

We are praying for you and thank you Dave for the reminder - one I need often! I hope you all have an awesome day and I am SO glad to see that this blog is still here! Sunshine

 
At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't stop your blog or how you write. It is you and it is wonderful. It gives me uplifting when I hear how you have handled a situation and realize that I am not the only one going thru trials. You make us realize that we are all human, and the only perfect One is waiting for us on high. Thank you for sharing your lives with us....both the highs and lows. I will continue to pray for you and yours...

Fondia

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Toni said...

Stopped by to let you know I'm praying for all, especially dear Ashley.

Hurtful words, btw, are a quick reminder that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Pray for those who persecute you...and delete if you must (that last part was just to make you smile a little).

Seriously, you keep drawing on the strength of those who pray with you and for you. God will deal with the condition of our hearts, including the words we speak (or type). To that end, I'm praying for all who come here to comment.
Blessings,
~Toni~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home