Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/22/2007

Sweet Smiles

At 3:00 this afternoon our sweet Ashley Kate finally woke up. As I was folding laundry I heard a little squeak behind me and when I looked into her crib she was smiling the sweetest smile. Oh, how I missed her smile yesterday. Her daddy came in and was so pleased to see her awake. He scooped her up and they have found themselves a place on the couch to play. She is giggling away as I type. We are so thankful she woke up and seems to have regained a little strength. After watching her sleep for a little more than 40 hours straight you can't help but become a little concerned. As long as she stays fever free then we will just wait for her count to rebound. She should start feeling stronger and more energetic each day now that she is awake. I will be so glad to put all of the chemotherapy and its side effects behind us. By Monday I expect her count to have come up drastically. Then life without chemo really begins. We find ourselves praying several times a day that the tumors are gone and that they won't return. I suppose we will be able to relax a little more once her scans are complete and the films show that there is nothing suspicious left. Because of this reason our Omaha trip can't come to soon for me.

I just wanted to thank you for your prayers and let you all know that our princess was awake. Have a great afternoon and enjoy your weekend. God Bless. Trish

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy that she is awake and laughing. Sounds like she has some very interested play mates that have missed her during her "nap". I hope you all have a great weekend! ~Chan~

 
At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Little Honey! So glad you're back to play.
-Dee Dee in NC

 
At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad she is awake. You are such a blessing to all of us. Check out my comment on the posting below this one about your writing. You have made me cry so many times. Trish you are truely gifted by God in your writing. I also think it would be neat to have an Ashley prayer screensaver. It might make a good fundraiser?? Those of us who have followed her story for so long and pray for you all might really like that!! I don't know if that is possible but I would love to put her on my computer and pray for her each time I see her precious face. God bless you tonight. Colleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home