Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/17/2007

Slapped in the head


Usually that does not sound like such a great thing, but it is if it is my Gherkin and she is trying to tell me how much she loves me. My first two children learned to give hugs and slobbery kisses when they were about Ash's age and I loved those hugs and kisses. Not Ashley, she does everything a little bit different. She has her own way of doing things and showing affection to her dad is done by slapping me in the head. I had a really great weekend enjoying Trish and all 3 of our kids. We had planned on going to a baseball tournament in Houston, but the weather had another idea for us. As disappointed as I was missing out on the tournament, it did give us a rare opportunity to just hang out without all the deadlines and responsibilities that normally accompany my weekends. Ash has looked really good to me the last few days. Perhaps it is because I know she won't have to go back for chemo in 3 weeks. I am feeling very optimistic that she will begin to progress. Now that we are not putting poison into her veins, I think we will start to see what she is capable of and learning. I am positive that she will begin to develop more and more both physically and mentally. God created a great big world out there and I look forward to showing as much of it as I can to her.

Thank you so much for your love and prayers for my little Gherkin. You will never know how much it means to me to be able to rely on you and your prayers for my family. I sincerely thank you.

Goodnight,

DAVE

7 Comments:

At 11:51 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

How precious is that? Happy Father's Day. Sunshine

 
At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not get over how chunky she is! (And I mean that as a good thing...even if SOME of it is the chemo...the rest is growth - yay!) Have a safe trip home. Happy Dad's Day.

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the smile in your eyes, Dave, as you get slapped in the head! You will have to write a note to the kindergarten teacher that Ash shows love in such a unique way! Think a note will work? :) I smile from side to side at the two of you. so glad you got to get away

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

We rejoice with you Dave in the fact that God has great plans for little Ashley. She is so adorable and Iam so grateful she has you and Trish as her Parents. I know you were a proud daddy an Fathers day yesterday.
God Bless your family.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Ah, how precious. What a great bunch of photos!! She looks wonderful--and y'all do too.

 
At 12:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, are you even real? Cannot Dave take a picture of you so we can see you, too? Act like your hiding something? haha...we read your journal, let us see you, too.

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Great picture! She seems to be growing so fast! Good to see that! God bless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home