Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/27/2007

Power of a Praying...


..."Blogging" community. THANK YOU!!! We did get a few hours of sleep sometime early this morning. Ash stopped screaming around 3 or 4, and I let her sleep until 10:00 this morning. When I began to wake her up she kept her eyes tightly closed, but shared one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen. Once I picked her up she began to clap her hands. I couldn't help but smile just knowing we were starting out with a new and better day. Your prayers to the Father have been heard and as always He is faithful.

Her infection looks awful this morning, but she seems to be coping with it much better. One area of the skin around the button has opened up and is bleeding. She continues to experience a great amount of discomfort while I am working around her button. The slightest movement of her feeding tube causes her to scream and cry HUGE tears, but once I had cleaned and dressed the area, connected a new extension, and had her feeds up and running she was consolable and began to play. She is actually able to sit up quite well this morning which tells me either she is learning to tolerate her pain or it is beginning to heal. I have not gotten the go ahead from Omaha about starting the new antibiotic just yet, but I have called them and they are checking with our transplant pharmacist.

We did proceed with her physical therapy this morning and she did great. As I watch her become stronger and stronger with each session my heart becomes more and more grateful. I truly believe that for the first time in her life she is beginning to look "healthy". I can't explain how very good that feels. I know that Ash may never be what some may consider healthy, or normal for her age, but if they only knew how far she had come. This sweet baby girl has fought so very hard to survive, and when I look at her today I am overcome with gratitude. God has a plan for her and it is so much more than what I can even comprehend.

I borrowed the title of this post from the author Stormie Omartin. She has written a series of books called "The Power of a Praying _________". There are no words to adequately describe how precious you are to this family. Once again this "community" has stepped up to fill the gap for us. If only I could express the way I feel inside when I know that so many of you are praying for our sweet Ashley Kate. She is evidence that our prayers for others do make a difference. You have taught me so very much about the value of the words, "I'm praying for you". Tears are falling as I try to express to you how very much you are loved.

I wanted you to see the picture above so you would know what a difference you have made this week. She is smiling again(as long as we don't mess with the button), and it is because you care. Take care today. Trish

15 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking - Ash is such an amazing little girl who has an awesome story. I've followed your path since late last summer. Keep up the wonderful testimony! does Ashley like butterfly kisses? I just started my own blog butterflykisses-x3 My kids give the best butterfly kisses any mom could ever stand!

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes ,the Lord is healing that sweet baby girl. I'm so happy she is smiling and doing better.We'll keep praying faithfully for Ash and your family. We don't know you personally, but know that you are loved. Praise the Lord!

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear good news today! Still praying for the site to continue to heal.

 
At 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading Ashley's story since before she had her transplant and praying fervently ever since. I have never commented, but felt like I wanted to today! The picture of your girls is precious and the tears fell when I saw it!

Thank you for always being so open and posting from your heart! I know it has been a hard week for your family. Ashley is one lucky little girl.

You are loved and you are prayed for! God Bless!

Jule

(ps - I put a small box in the mail today for Ash and the kids!)

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to read these words - oh that picture is precious!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... for sharing these moments of your lives with us. Sunshine

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh Trish, this is wonderful news and I have tears in my eyes reading your post.

I thought I would share with you that I am a physical therapist working in California. One of the things I do is volunteer for a therapeutic horseback riding program for children and adults with disability (we are not a Christian organization per se - but we we are an all volunteer, non profit organization that provides our services with Christian values: www.tcri.org). Anyway, I work with children and families who are so brave and meeting challenges on a daily basis...and I have learned that there is no hill to high to climb. Looking at your beautiful photos of Ashley, I see the spark in her eyes, the strength in this little girl...and I have faith that God has put her here as an example for all of us. Every "hill" she climbs and conquers, makes her (and YOU!) stronger. You should be very proud of your little girl - a true gift to all of us.

 
At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys...

 
At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right when I saw the picture, I thought "She looks so big and good and healthy!" That picture really shows it, I think. She even looks a bit older there. Anyway, just a cutie and I love seeing Allie with her.

Much love, hugs, and continued prayers. I really hope her button site starts to heal with no complications.

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash is so beautiful as is her big sister Allie. I love the picture. I praise God for helping ease her discomfort & allow her a good session today with Sue. Our God is an AWESOME God...how far this sweet child has come. I think he has grown us along with her....our FAITH....teaching us lessons ...all along the way. How the life of a child can impact so many grown lives. How the family raising her...can as well. We will learn lessons till we go to glory. Know we are praying....talking to our heavenly Father on your behalf...specifically for the infection...cellulitis...the plans for Omaha.....praying.

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trish,

God is so good, gracious, faithful, and loving. I'm praising Him that He hears every prayer that's lifted for Ashley and for you. We'll all continue going before the throne of grace asking Him to work for your good and His glory.

Blessings,
Becky in Kalamazoo

 
At 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!!! Halleluiah!!!!!!! Is that how you spell that? Oh, who cares?! You say we, the blogging community have taught you the meaning of the words, "I'm praying." You Trish have taught ME the meaning of being thankful. Judy

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

God indeed hears his children and loves baby Ashley! We will keep praying Trish and I assure you God is in control.

I hope you get some more well needed sleep tonight,
Remember God never sleeps so you can! This picture of sisters makes me smile big!!
Love ya'll

 
At 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture! What beautiful girls!

Hope you all get some much needed rest tonight. Praying for the skin infection to heal quickly!

Blessings,
Lori

 
At 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty girls!
Glad Ash is better

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home