Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/29/2007

Bursting at the seams!

If my heart had stitches it would have surely popped a few by now. Our hearts are so very full of joy. Our home is so very full of laughter. Our family is so very full of thanksgiving. The Father continues to bless us with another and another and another day to make memories with our tiny gherkin. Ashley brings with her a joy that is contagious and immeasurable.

Last night our baby pickle chose to laugh and clap and play until 4:00 a.m. I laughed so hard at her silliness and her antics. It seemed as though she were mocking the very fact that her parents are now old and require a little sleep. She would only tolerate our eyes closing for a mere second before she would begin to giggle and squeal so loud that we had to peek. The peeking at her caused more laughter and SNORTING to spill out of this ornery baby. I talked. I explained. I pleaded with her to go to sleep. Each time she would reply with a very definite shaking of her head "No" and this would tickle her all the more leading to more laughter. I picked her up out of her crib around 3:30 so I could kiss her on the head and gently explain how very tired her mommy was. Her reply? The loudest, ugliest, manliest BURP you have ever heard. Yes, I have managed to raise a princess who can burp as loud as her daddy. That my friends takes talent. I laughed so hard at her I thought I was going to choke. Somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 this morning she laughed herself to sleep. As tired as I was the joy in my heart could not be contained as I laid there and smiled in the dark.

This afternoon Ash has been up to her antics again. She loves to beat her daddy on the head. He lays down in front of her each time he comes home so that she might "show" him how very much she loves him. Today she added the sweetest thing I have ever seen to their routine. After hitting his head with both of her hands she began to lean her head in and rest it on his while holding the sides of his face with her hands. It was a real and genuine HUG. She did it over and over again. There is no mistaking her gesture. She had figured out how to hug her daddy all on her own. I promise I will snap a picture of it and post it as soon as I can. My heart was bursting at the seams!

The day only gets better and better. This evening Ash was laying on the bed watching baseball with Blake when she decided to ROLL herself over. Can you believe it? We are thrilled! We have spent close to 2 years working on this skill and she finally did it. Not only did she do it, but she did it all by herself with no prompting from anyone. We are so excited and are so thankful to see her getting stronger and stronger. God has blessed us with a wonderful day.

Her infection is healing. The site is still sore, but it looks much, much better and her ornery attitude shows us that she is feeling much better. I can't thank you enough for all of your prayers this week. It has definitely been a long one, but it has been packed full of God's grace. Your presence has made such a difference in my heart.

Allie is busy painting her art pieces this weekend for all those who would like to have one. She will enclose a photo of herself and Ashley along with a card sharing her heart with you and her appreciation for your love for her baby sister. She is so excited to make them for you. You are welcome to leave an e-mail address for us to contact you about them or you may also send your requests to the address on the front page of Ashely's story. Either way will be fine until we get them up and running on e-bay(thanks for the idea!). Your support is so touching and she can't believe people actually like her idea. You guys are so great. Take care and enjoy your evening. You are loved. Trish

10 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger Krista said...

My email is kratley@sbcglobal.net
and yes I do want one--please let me know. Have a great evening--glad Ashley is smiling.

 
At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - We want to kidnap Allie on Sunday for some swimming and fun!!! Please call me sweet friend!

By the way, I am so happy and proud for Ashley's wonderful progress! I sat here and laughed out loud AND cried with happiness when I read about your wonderful day! God continues to bless your family AND all of us who read your blog ... thank you for sharing your Ashley, your family, and your walk with God through the ups and downs. Thank you sweetheart! Regina D.

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Mayhem And Miracles said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is this? Way to go Ashley!!!!!

I can't wait to get one of Allison's paintings
my email is zippietoo@aol.com
much love and prayers, Sunshine

 
At 12:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

David and Trish,

Please know that the deleted comments were me, not someone thinking to say something mean. I realized after I commented that I had put info on there that I didn't want public so I deleted it. Basically just wanted you to know how sweet and satisfying it is to read that Ashley is rolliing over and giving hugs! That just made me sigh. And then I requested a hug for Ashley from all of us and hugs for Blake and Al as well. I'm so proud of the pickle!

 
At 12:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, just wanted to tell you how sweet it was tonight - the kids always pray for Ashley each time we bow our heads, but instead of their usual type prayers for her to "feel better" or to "have a good day," S. asked to "please begin preparing her intestines for her upcoming surgery so they will fit and be ready to fuse together perfectly." I was so stunned. He said quite matter-of-factly "I just felt led to pray about that tonight." I'm amazed at how clearly God speaks sometimes. I was surprised at how detailed he thinks about her struggles. I hope that brings even a little more peace and I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger ivegot5 said...

Trish - I'm so glad Ashley is feeling better. Hopefully you can all get some much needed rest. What a heart Allison has. I would love to have a copy of "Waves of Grace." It would be a beautiful reminder of God's tender touch in all our lives. Laura

 
At 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like one please. My email is amgirlamb@hotmail.com
Praying in Indiana,
Andrea B.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

KellyHellmuth@gmail.com
Will you post when you have your e-bay store set up as well?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home