Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/21/2008

A day with Daddy

So I took off early this morning and headed home for the first time in weeks. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining brightly. Its amazing how much better you can feel the minute you step outside and see that the world is still there. I called my sister while I made the drive towards Texas just to let her know how happy the puffy clouds above my head were making me. I talked about the fresh air, the green grass, the sunshine, and those clouds and even thought it must have sounded so incredibly "cheesy" all she could say was how happy she was for me. She truly was happy for me. That blessed my heart as much as being outside.

I left Ash and her daddy to spend a day together. She was sleeping when I left, but I'm sure when her eyes opened she was thrilled to see he was still there with her. I ran home to do the things that make you feel like a girl. You know bubble baths in your own tub, a cut and color from my hair stylist, manicure and pedicure, normal clothes(something other than my usual t-shirt and athletic pant hospital style). It felt so great!

Pulling into our driveway made my heart smile. The grass is turning green, the gardens need planting, and the house needs painting but it was the most beautiful place in the world to me at that moment. I ran inside to visit with Hope (our dog). She is so big and fluffy! I took that bubble bath and dressed for the day and then I ran out to pick up Ashley Kate's Easter Basket and supply of plastic eggs. She is sleeping right now, but when she wakes I'm sure Dave and I will be spending the evening picking those silly eggs up off the floor over and over and over again. She loves to throw those things! I can't wait to see the smile that she will sprout as soon as she figures out its Easter again.

Dave and Ash had a great day. They took a long walk around the outside of the hospital and enjoyed the spring weather. She had NO pumps, no IV, no drips, no NOTHING connected to her! Dave said she had a few minutes of just being a little girl and it was priceless! Her heparin drip was stopped today and the word is that if we can get 2 INR levels in the target range in a row then home we will go. We had our first one today, and we are hoping and praying for that second one to appear tomorrow. Home for Easter would be such a blessing. If not then perhaps by Monday is what we are being told. I can't wait for life to just be normal again. I am hopeful that we might get a good long stretch this time.

Sorry about the lack of updates today. Dave was too busy playing and forget that he was"on" and I was "off" for the day. She is doing great and looking good. We can't help but count our blessings when we see how good she looks. Ash is amazing. The way she bounces back each time is such a miracle and we are so grateful she is still with us. Thanks for praying for the pickle today. I pray your weekend is full of remembrance of His sacrifice and memory making opportunities with your families. God Bless. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home