Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/17/2008

Priceless!


You can't put a price on this. Her eyes, her smile, her face when she realized who it was that was finally with her. How blessed my heart was as I watched her re connect with her dad, her brother, her sister, her nan. She was so happy!

The change of environment was exactly what she needed. She came to life as soon as we arrived. She slept for the first half of the flight, then cried for the second half because she realized she was strapped down and could not pull any of her leads off. The loss of control is not something Ashley handles well(I wonder where she gets that? ha, ha!) Anyway, once we got off the plane and she could reach the blood pressure cuff, pulse ox, lead wires, etc. She was a happy traveler. The flight crew as always was great with her. I truly feel blessed to have been connected with this group of people. They are amazing and always make difficult, frightening situations a little less stressful for us. I so appreciate them.

She was so happy yesterday that she actually tolerated people. That in itself is amazing! The doctors, nurses, didn't matter who, could approach, come in the room, take infortmation, etc. Ash just sat and played through it all. Such a blessing!

As soon as her nan arrived things really got fun. They laughed and played and danced and sang. What a healing time it was for my mom's heart who has struggled with our absence this time. She and Ash are great playmates and I know nan missed hanging out on the palet with Ash. So last night was great fun. Ash knew exactly who she was and they picked right up where they left off with itsy bitsy spider, patty cake, and all her toys. That was fun to see.

Late last night Dave and the kids arrived after the Tarheels lost in a fierce battle trying to get to the finals of the tournament. I heard it was a great game, and although we would have loved for them to win the loss allowed the family to arrive in Shreveport 2 hours sooner than if they had gone on to the championship game. All I can say is that this little girl LOVES her daddy. Even though she was exhausted after her long day she lit up and enjoyed touching his head(her favorite thing to do), holding him, loving on him, and listening to him talk.

Blake and Al looked wonderful to me! I have missed them so much and although they were stinky from playing ball, and sun burned, and exhausted I couldn't have enjoyed them anymore than I did. Honestly, I wish you knew our kids and how great they really are. I am so proud of them. We talked and talked and talked until it was finally time for them to drive back to Texas. They are going on a little trip to my sister's for their spring break and needed to get out early this morning for the drive. Dave stayed the night here in Shreveport with us. It was the best thing that could have happened for us. We snuggled up on the couch here in Ash's room and it was so great. Dave left this morning at 6 to drive home, shower, and be in the office. The best thing about being here is that he gets to come back tonight, and the next night, and the next! Yeah us!

Ash looks great! Her swelling is down this morning. She is up, dressed, bow in place, and playing in the crib. We are forming a plan about what to do with the line, the clot, the blood thinners, etc., but once we have it in place they feel as though we may be going home very, very soon. Possibly this week! I'm so happy I can't stand it.

When I know more about what is happening with her care I will share, but I knew wanted to be sure and let you know that we are here, we are safe, we are happy, we are BLESSED! Thank you so much for your prayers for our baby pickle. We love you guys. Trish
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home