Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/15/2008

Mean People Suck!

Sorry for the title and sorry if I offend anyone, but that is my new mantra.

First of all, Ash woke up with eyes! Yeah! She can see again this morning and her swelling is going down again. Why it comes and goes in such extremes is puzzling to all of us, but as long as she is ok while her body learns to adjust and compensate then we will just ride this out. She had a bath this morning and got dressed for the first time in 3 days. She is playing and watching movies, and allowed me to hold her a little bit. I am so thankful.

Now to the title of my post. I have to vent here or else I will vent all over this person who has been incredibly rude and unkind. I have lived in Omaha at this hospital for 8 of the last 14 months(Jan.07, Feb.07, 1'2 of Mar.07, Sept.07, Oct.07, Nov.07, Dec. o7 Feb. 08, 1/2 of Mar.08) . Never have I been intentionally treated rude or unkind by any of the staff until now, and I don't appreciate it. So the deal is this. The nurses are ordering lunch out today. They do this a lot. I usually spend most of my time here in the PICU and most of them are my friends. When they order they poke their heads in and say, "Trish would you like to order today?" and I either say yes or no. It is a very kind and thoughtful thing to do because they realize I have no car here and that the cafeteria gets very old. So now we live on the general pediatric floor. Something new for us and our nurse being very thoughtful said they were all ordering from Chilis today would I like to. I said yes and the "man"(I could think of a lot more things to call him) said no he would not pick up my order along with theirs. "Are you kidding me?" I asked. I can't believe he won't. I'm paying for it. Its being called into the exact same location. He or his friend will be picking up food for everyone else and bringing right back here to the exact place that I am. "I'm not ordering food for any families." was his answer. Unbelievable! Not that I don't get to eat Chilis. Who really cares about that. The fact that someone would be so rude and so unkind is the part that really irritates me!

Now that I have vented I am going to try really hard to stay inside of my room and not go out there and ask what his problem is(like I would really be tough enough to do that anyway). This whole thing just settles in my mind that yes mean people in this world really do suck! and I don't like them very much. I see no reason to be unkind to anyone and there is never an excuse to be rude especially to someone you don't even know.

Anyway, we are still hoping for our transfer tomorrow. If there is a bed available the hospital will take us. If not we will continue to sit here in Omaha. We should be there by mid afternoon. So lets pray that all the other kids in Shreveport get well really, really fast and they all get to go home to their mommies and daddies so that Ashley Kate might get closer to hers. Just a thought. Thanks for letting me blow off a little steam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home