Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/12/2008

15 years ago...

Tomorrow will be 15 years. Trish and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage. Wow, I just saw it in print and now it really looks like a long time. Trish and I got married young and that has given us the opportunity to "grow up" together. OK, I have to stop now, I was going to write this mushy stuff to my wife of 15 years, but I just can't do it here. I will just say that I believe that God used all the ups and downs to help shape us into the family He had in store for us. A family with 3 beautiful children. I am looking forward to the end of the week when I get to see my girls again. I am not looking forward to being 700 miles away from my wife on our 15 year anniversary though. We were talking about how "unspecial" yep, I just made up that word, tomorrow is going to be. Not exactly how we would have planned our anniversary. Trish said "what am I supposed to do? go down to the gift shop and get you something" I just chuckled and responded "If I was willing to go all the way to Albertson's and pick out a cute little stuffed monkey with I LOVE YOU embroidered on his belly and a plastic heart in its hands, than yeah, the least you could do is go to the gift shop" I don't think she appreciated my humor. So it really will be quite a let down tomorrow, but we both know that it is worth it to have Ashley. Speaking of which, the Gherkin's poor little head is swollen up and she just plain doesn't look right. They plan to turn off her feeds at 3 am in order to get her prepared for a vascular study tomorrow. They will place dye in her and check to see what may be causing her head to swell up. Possibilities suggested include blood clots, or scar tissue from all the central lines she has had in her vessels. I am hopefull they will pull out the temporary line she has and place a more permanent one. Then I pray that all goes smoothly enough that she will be ready to travel to Shreveport on Friday. ....and hopefully bring her mom with her.

Goodnight,

DAVE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home