Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/31/2008

She was just sooo Happy!



Each morning Ashley Kate began our day by looking over the map of the park and pointing out what she knew. She recognized and signed every tree, bush, body of water and color on those silly things. She would spend the bus rides pointing and signing and pointing and signing which obviously brought attention from onlookers, but we adjusted and realized how cute it must be to see this tiny girl communicate with us by sign.




Day 2 brought us to Hollywood Studios. We had such a good time. Ash was having a great day and the smiles on her face on this day were some of the best we had seen from her in a very, very long time. She was just soooo happy! This next series of photos shows her mood on this day. They were just too cute to choose only one, so I'm sharing a few. More than anything I love the way she would point to something and then look at us like,




"why aren't you getting that for me?" It's like she truly believes her daddy can do anything. Like pull birds out of the sky, convince Disney Characters to come over and be her personal playmates, etc. etc. If she saw something she liked then she asked for it. It was so, so cute!



What I wouldn't do to put a smile on this child's face! It melts my heart when I see her feeling good, living life, being a little girl, and so, so happy. I love her and I couldn't trade the time we spent with her in Florida for anything. Even if it had only been one day it would have been worth it to see her eyes sparkling and shining the way the did. God blessed us with not one day, but 2 and 1/2. I can't complain. It was so much more than I thought we were going to have with her.


Ashley Kate's favorite ride on this day was the Toy Story Midway Mania. She loved the vibrant colors and giant toys that made up this attraction. It was so easy for her to get on and off of this ride in her chair that it made it one of our favorites also. The kids(all "3" of them) loved playing the midway game and trying to outscore each other, but most of all they loved seeing her enjoy this so, so much. It quickly became a favorite for all of us.





This was the face I saw as soon as I unloaded her chair from the ride. I think its easy to see that she enjoyed it and had a really good time.



Dinner just arrived some I'm going to take a little break. I'll pick back up later on. Hope your enjoying New Year's Eve. Ash and I are going to kick back and watch a movie and eat a little popcorn. Doing our best to make the most out of it. I sure wish we were back home with Dave and the kids so we could celebrate. Talk to ya'll later. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home