Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/01/2009

Success

Ash and I made it home in record time today. The line placement was successful. She has a fully functioning central line coming out her left rib cage area just above her g-tube. Carefully placed away from her waist bands and not entering into any of the breast area(her surgeon blessed my heart when explaining to us his goal of not entering that area foreseeing that someday in her future it would be important to her. Its as if he overlooked the numerous scars all over her shoulders, chest and abdomen and still felt it important enough to protect this for her. Not many of our surgeon's have ever considered or placed much thought about her future when choosing where to cut on her. This mommy sure appreciated his thought process.)

We arrived home at 12:20 and promptly fell asleep. For the entire afternoon. As a matter of fact my sweet girl is still sleeping and I just woke up. I realize its shameful, but I am so exhausted. I truly am. Its been a very long, very hard May. My mom is on her way here to help me get through this next month and I couldn't turn her offer down because I am just that exhausted. What a blessing it is to me that she realized it and is so willing to drop it all and come to help. Truly a blessing.

Blake and Al are at grandma's house with friends enjoying every inch of summer. The pool and the pond have called their names and they have answered loud and clear. I know their having a great time so sleeping all day with Ash hasn't made me feel to guilty. I absolutely would not have done that if they had been home.

Dave is working late and Ash is sleeping so I might just pop in a movie so that I don't have to think too much, fix a sandwich so that I don't have to cook too much, and sit real still so that I don't have to move too much. I'm looking forward to a good month. Full of health for our sweet girl(I counted the days on my calendar while she was in surgery this morning and she spent exactly 3 out of the 4 weeks of the month in a hospital room.) I hope! Her Gotcha Day is coming up this weekend and I'm so excited to have the opportunity to celebrate it. That should be fun! Thank you for praying for her today. Talk to you later. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home