Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/30/2010

Scheduled

Ashley is on the surgery schedule. She's just behind everyone else. That means that all cases have to be wrapped up before she goes. Her surgeons entire scheduled was bumped back several hours due to some other circumstances. At this time we are looking at any time between 6-8.

Dave is on his way. Should be here around 8:30.

Dr.G stopped by, assured me I could trust this week's surgeon, and let me know this was the only option to give her any chance at living. "We tried. We gave it everything we could. There is nothing left of this bowel that is salvageable. This is her only chance. Your doing the right thing." I hope she's right. I pray she is.

We have to get her through this without an infection, get her off of the vent, and protect her kidneys. These are the objectives. Anything else is going to get really, really ugly.

Ash will be 5 in 5 days. 5 years is amazing. Still humbling to think that my girl, our tiny pickle, is turning 5 years old. I'm very grateful for those years and I'm holding on to the hope that some how God wants to grant us at least 5 more.

My brother and two sisters are on the road, Dave is in the air. We are going to be alright. Prayers for my baby. For my big kids. For our family. You are all so amazing to care as much as you do about our girl. Thank you so very much. Sincerely, I thank you.

Hang on sweet Ash. You can do this. I know you can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home