Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/21/2010

Tired

I'm tired. Tired of being afraid. Tired of being scared. Tired of crying. Tired of wondering. Tired of worrying. Tired of questioning. I'm just so very tired.

Ashley Kate is facing another transplant and months and months in the PICU. Emerson has been in the PICU in Denver for a month. Kylie was flown out to the PICU in Omaha last night. My heart hurts and its tired.

My sweet girl and her precious friends are the sweetest, most amazing, most beautiful and strong little girls you will ever meet. They fight for every day of normal life they can get and on the in between times of those few normal days they are given they fight for their lives. Their mommies are fighting too. We are all fighting to find a way to give them what every little one deserves. A childhood. Whether it be in the small rooms of a PICU or in their own rooms in their own homes between PICU stays. I'll say this for all of us, we are exhausted, and yet we will keep fighting because there has never been a more valiant cause worth fighting for. Childhood for our daughters. Its worth it. We get up every single day and face whatever we have to in order to keep going because our little ones keep on going.

I'm tired. I am really, really tired.

Erika and Joan, I'm standing along side of you my precious friends and loving you both all the way from Texas. As tired as we all are I will say it again, we are so blessed. We are the lucky ones because we get to be their moms. Praying for you girls tonight. God bless our baby girls as they keep fighting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home