Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/18/2011

Although...

Update 11:45 a.m. - Her vitals rock! Which seems impossible looking at her lab work. Blood pressure is perfect, temp great, heart rate in the low 90's, respirations the low 40's, and Oxygen sats 100%. Go figure? I was so afraid to get this set after being called by the lab. Defying the odds...again:) She woke up and asked to be taken into the family room. She is sitting up in the recliner(first time in days) and flipping through story books. Seriously, she looks better than she has in over a week. I just don't get it, but I'll take it.


I'm really, really tired(even after getting more hours of sleep last night than I have in all the other nights this week combined!), and I'm really, really having to force myself to get going and move today...

I'm really, really happy to be home today to do all the things I need to do. I'm just incredibly grateful to be in our home, going to both the kids schools today, running to the grocery store, compiling school supplies for my teenagers, and enjoying going out to dinner tonight with my husband.

Ashley is sleeping. Totally out. Her labs look...concerning. Really concerning in some areas. Her hemoglobin is low, hematocrit at a critical level, glucose very low despite having TPN running, bilirubin really high. In other areas things are not good, but improving. We have a few more platelets on board this morning, and her bun although really high is coming down. She's a mess on paper, and it is scary... but it is her life... it is the place we are in...and...she's home. Happy to be home. I'm sure we will be on the phone all day with different members of her medical teams trying to come up with solutions.

Thats all the news I have for now. I'm sure things will be changing throughout the day though. I've learned to be grateful for the normal and mundane, and hold on tight because it quickly spins out of control when lab sheets come back looking they did this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home