Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/17/2014

Sweet Ash





I'm missing you tonight.  


I wish I could have tucked you in... Hung your IV's and TPN...  Put you in your jammies...Taken down your hair...Rubbed lotion on your feet...Gotten you a drink...Covered you with warm blankets...Kissed you on your cheeks...Made rooster sounds in your ear...Read Goodnight Moon for the thousandth time... 

I wish I had another night to sit next to your bed...watch you sleep...listen to you breathe...cry and plead and beg on your behalf...  

I hope you smiled today.  I hope you got to play.  I hope you walked and ran.  I hope you used your voice.  To sing..to laugh...to tell your story.  

Sweet Ash, your mom loves you today...tomorrow...and forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home