Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/13/2007

Details

It looks as though a few important details concerning our trip to Omaha may have been overlooked. Things like a "prior authorization for consent to be treated out of state" from the insurance company. Just a little detail I stumbled across two days ago. I had no idea that this was necessary. No one ever mentioned it to us before and some one has always gotten one without needing us to secure it ourselves in the past. I know it was a God thing that I found out about this before we flew out there. What does this mean for us? It means that we absolutely, positively can not take on the costs of next weeks scans, tests, infusions, and appointments. So we may not be going.


I have always taken the attitude that I am not going to worry about the financial struggles of Ashley's care. It does absolutely NO good to stress out about these things. I trust God to provide for her care and He always does. If the funds are there to get her what she needs then they have come directly from His hands. If they are not there at the time then I wait to see what amazing, miraculous thing He has in store next because I tell you that He always has a plan to take care of it. I'm a little frustrated this morning to discover that it takes 3 to 4 business days to acquire this important number knowing that the air ambulance flight WAS approved for Monday and all of her tests are scheduled for next week, but what can I do? Nothing but pray and wait.

So this morning I feel as though everything is up in the air. I have been on the phone for days struggling with insurance and it looks as though it will be another one of those days. Let me make perfectly clear that I am MORE than grateful for the insurance coverage. Without it they would not have given Ash her transplant and she would not be with us today. Like I said, God always takes care of the details and I just have to wait and see what is going to happen in this situation. He will either have us wait for some reason known only to Him or He will make a way to get us the number ASAP.

Raising this little gherkin has never been easy, but it has been so worth it.

12 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the confusion and frustration with the getting that authorization!
Know that all of you continue to be in my prayers. I pray that God's will is done in Ashley's life this week.
We love you.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for the ease of your frustration. I personally don't handle change in plans well, even though I know there's a reason. So I feel for you and am praying that it works out, as it will. I'm glad you are willing to wait on God's timing.

 
At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Trish! Just wanted to let you know we are praying that everything will work out for next week so we can hear soon that the cancer is gone! We are still battling with insurance companies for Landen. They don't want to cover him now b/c everything is pre-existing. It's crazy! You already are stressed enough about your baby and then more stress with coverage. Anyway, just wanted you to know we are still here praying and can't wait for you to hear those precious words come out of the doctors mouth next week. Expect a Miracle!!!

 
At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish,You will be able to handle it,Remember You love to be in control and command.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Krista said...

Trish
disregard the last comment made... They are not worthy of your time. Let God deal with those who slam you on this site. We love you all and God is with you. OUr Prayers are with you , Let me know if I can help with the insurance switch stuff--that is what I do on a daily basis.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger amy alley said...

praying for you, trish, as you deal with this current speed bump of frustration. as you said, you KNOW that God is in control and He will supply all your needs.

blessings to you and your sweet little ashley kate tonight.

praying!

 
At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get your faith and joy?

 
At 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching the movie, Sicko, you are very lucky they have been paying the bills thus far. Not all are so lucky. God has sure been with the little sweetie. Love, Pam

 
At 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Trish count your blessings that insurance has been paying.

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I don't think I have ever commented before but know that I have been praying for your seet little baby girl and will pray for your trip next week as well. I'm kind of late on asking this but I would love one of Allie's paintings. Here tender heart and love for her sister is so obvious. I want to hang her painitng in my sons' room where I willl see it regularly and use it as a ctalyst to pray for Ashley. Praying for you in PA.
InHis love,
COurtney

 
At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, sorry my e-mail address is coramdeopena@hotmail.com
Thanks
COurtney

 
At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What insurance company do you have? They have been a God send for you all since they have paid the bills till now. We do not have medical insurance because it is too high. I live in constant fear of my little boys getting hurt.

I also saw the movie Sicko and cried through 1/2 of it. I could totally relate to that movie having been there so many times when we DID have medical insurance.

We are caught in the middle like so many other families, we are not poor enough to get state medical and not rich enough to get our own!

I am also thanking God you do not have this burden in dealing with Ash and making the best decisions for her. This is a GREAT blessing in and of itself, Trish. I am sure you and Dave would agree.

Best wishes for next week! Lee Ann

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home