Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/17/2007

Familiar Territory

We have taken Ash to the hospital. She just continued vomiting and moaning until we became very concerned. We have learned that you can't be too careful with her. Transplant kids are at risk for all kinds of nonsense and I would rather be safe than second guessing.

She is now having an IV placed and I am hiding with big tears in my eyes in her room like a chicken. Its times like this that I am sure she wishes she had a tougher mommy. Dave is with her and I am so thankful to be home in Texas with her instead of 700 miles away. It seems to be taking a long time which tells me that its not going smoothly. I have been sick to my stomach and dreading her approaching lab work this week because it would have been the first one since having her central line removed. Little did I know that she would be poked by much worse this week, and it is going to happen several times not just once. If I can be so bold as to share with you that I HATE this part of Ash's life. Anything that causes her pain makes me angry and I more than anything wish that I could take this away from her. On the other hand she has life and I know what a precious gift that is. If this is what it takes in order to have her keep it then here we are.

My hope? My prayer tonight? Give her some fluids and stop the vomiting and send her home tomorrow. That would be the best case. I pray that it is just a virus that is playing havoc with her today and that by morning she will be back to normal. I am so sad knowing that Blake and Allie will wake up in the morning and not find her in her crib. They have been so great with her today. They both took turns standing by her crib singing, humming, reading, and praying for her today. I am afraid they will be too worried about her when they find out we brought her in tonight.

I am still amazed at the plans the Father laid out for us. It is so nice walking onto the floor and finding smiling, familiar faces. What a blessing it is to see how God put people in our lives years ago that now play a part in taking care of our baby gherkin. Only God knew the plans He had for us. That is comforting to me tonight.

Ashley Kate is such a difficult stick and she still has not returned. Your prayers for her would mean so very much. I just want her back so I can rock her to sleep. Thank you for being here and for loving her. trish

6 Comments:

At 1:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only recently found your blog, and I have been reading through your previous posts to get caught up on Ashley's story. I have shed many tears and rejoiced often at God's work.
Since I'm a bit behind in the story, I have never commented. But I wanted you to know that tonight someone in Washington is praying for Ashley, her amazing family, and her doctors.
Vicky
Puyallup, WA

 
At 1:47 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I'm praying too. Poor baby, I hope she's feeling so much better soon.

 
At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your dear little girl and all your family this morning. I hope she begins to improve very quickly and you are able to take her back home soon! With love in Christ...

 
At 4:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for her tonight. I hope you can all go home in the morning light...

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

So sorry you guys are in the hospital!! I hope it is just for iv fluids and you guys are home today!!! This is the worst time of year...it stinks!!! We have already had it here...and we are not transplant patients...I pray you guys are ok and all is well today!!! Hugs and prayers!

 
At 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ashley today (((hugs))) ~Chan~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home