Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/12/2007

Its almost here...

and I can hardly wait. My lawn is lightly sprinkled with the first fallen leaves of the season. The temperatures are actually comfortable this week here in Texas and the stores have received their first shipment of mums. I am so tempted to tear out my periwinkles and replace them with an array of fall colors. I can envision large pumpkins scattered throughout the gardens and our friendly scarecrow sitting on the front porch. I am so excited about spending this season at home for the first time in Ash's life. Yesterday while sitting in her stroller during Allie's soccer practice Ashley watched a red leaf spin and twirl right into her lap. She was so happy with that leaf! You could see her eyes light up as her hands reached out to try and catch it. At first I thought I was the only one who had been blessed by watching her excitement until another mom approached us and commented on how wonderful it was to see her enjoying something so simple. The world though Ashley Kate's eyes is a beautiful place.

At lunch today Dave told me that that as he pulled up to his office this morning the squirrels were frolicking and high fiving each other. That made me laugh out loud, because Ash and I enjoyed watching those very "same" squirrels this morning in our yard. Theres just something about the change of seasons that makes me smile, and the autumn is my favorite time of year.

Tonight we enjoyed hanging out with the kids and watching a ballgame while we made chili frito pies for dinner. I realize its still a little early for chili but Blake was inspired by the cooler temperature and he made a special request. I was so blessed to watch Dave snuggle up next to the girls after dinner. Life is really good.

Ashely Kate is happy and relatively healthy. Some days I look at her and can't believe what I am seeing. She just looks so good, and we are so thankful for the time we are given with her. Thank you guys for praying for her. Each day I am reminded of the power of those prayers. She is such a gift and I couldn't imagine not having her here with us. I will forever be grateful. I hope your evening was blessed. Take care and goodnight. Trish

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so lovely to come on here and read beautiful, encouraging posts such as this one! Your little girl is so dear to my heart, and you all remain ever in my prayers. Thank you so much for continuing to grace the lives of so many by sharing her story! Love in Christ, Erica

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Isn't autumn beautiful? We've done the same thing this week. We've had chili and beef stew for that same reason. I've made loaves of pumpkin bread as well. It doesn't last long in Texas, so you have to enjoy it while you can!

 
At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chili Pie I think that is what my family will have tonight. I enjoy reading your posts, I continue to pray for you and your family. I just realized your husband and I are neighbors, I work at Sabine Valley Center. God Bless you and your precious Angel

 
At 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leaves falling is not because of fall coming to Tx it's because of all the rain we have had that has rotted the leaves.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home