Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/04/2007

Another Day is done...

... and I am grateful for this life.

The children are all asleep in their beds and the house is quiet. Dave is trying to fall asleep and I sit alone in the living room looking at the clutter that the day has brought. I love it! There are toys scattered across every inch of the floor. Backpacks and tennis shoes lay thrown about. Soccer balls and equipment are piled in front of the door. Laundry is stacked across the cushions on the couch and Walmart sacks are on top of the table. Life is good. Things are normal. I have a thankful heart.

I could have spent the last hour of my day cleaning and organizing this chaos, but I chose to spend that hour tucking in my kiddos. I listened to their stories of the days events, discussed tests and homework, laughed at the silliness in my Allison's heart, kissed those precious foreheads, talked about the start of the new ball season, tickled the thighs of my baby gherkin, tucked them under their blankets at least a dozen times, ran back and forth between the rooms delivering water, answering questions, and listening to them say, "I love you, mom" just one last time before I shut the door. I wouldn't trade that last hour of the day for anything. I can always straighten things up tomorrow while Blake and Al are in school and Ash is napping.

Ash has a red, spotted rash that has popped up across her little face. I'm not sure what it is. I keep thinking that perhaps she is adjusting to the removal of one of the meds we have stopped this week. It doesn't seem to be bothering her it just looks yucky. If it spreads or doesn't start to clear up then I will probably take her in to see her pediatrician. Just to make sure its nothing serious. Needless to say I will not be posting any pictures of our Ashley until it clears up. I just don't think it looks right to have a polka dotted princess. One thing that I have noticed is just how white her eyes are. Next to those puffy, red, spotted cheeks her eyes are just shining. What a blessing it is to see how great her new liver is working. A year ago her eyes were YELLOW. Not just a little yellow, but really YELLOW. Now they are beautiful! God has really blessed.

I realize it is only 10:30, but I can't stop yawning. I must be tired. I'm not sure why I think I need to be in bed, but I guess I will give in and let the clutter that surrounds me wait until tomorrow. I won't have a choice but to clean it all up because Ash has therapy at 11:00. Good night my friends. I pray your day contained as many blessings as mine. Trish

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

What a wonderful way to spend an hour! Glad you are enjoying "normal" chaos. What a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home