Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/02/2007

Back Together

Ashley and I are back home and we are all together again. We had a great visit with our family in Oklahoma and were able to relax and rejoice with them over Ashley's good report and her current state of health. What a blessing it was to share our sweet Ashley with them all. Even though we enjoyed our time with family we were anxious to return home to Dave, Blake and Al. Ash couldn't stop smiling as soon as we walked inside. She missed them so much and when her daddy picked her up she gave him a big hug. He couldn't put her down or walk our of the room for hours. Each time he attempted to talk to me she would cry and cry. This girl loves her daddy and thinks she must have all of his attention. Silly pickle!

It has been so wonderful listening to her laughter as Blake and Allie entertain her. I could tell they missed her last week. Being home is wonderful because home is where we all get to be together. I love this little family with all of my heart and I am so thankful to be in this place. Having Ashley home and seeing how happy my children are now seems surreal. Life is blessed and wonderful and I couldn't be more grateful. My heart is full and seeing this little miracle laugh and play touches me daily. God continues to show us how very good He is.

I am having a little trouble sleeping as I try and adjust to Ash's lighter schedule. My mind plays tricks on me throughout the night as I wake in a panic realizing that I didn't flush and care for her line or that I didn't give this med or that. After a minute or two I begin to smile and giggle at myself. It really is hard to believe that she is so stable. She has never looked better. Each day I am reminded of His goodness and His grace. Ashley Kate is a physical reminder of how very much God loves us. His hand is all over her life and as I watch her play I see Him. As I listen to her laugh I see Him. As I kiss her tiny forehead I see Him.

Life is getting simpler for us and it is taking on a familiar routine. Just knowing that she is almost a year out from transplant allows us to breathe a little easier. We realize she is fragile and that her health could change at any moment, but today we are enjoying the opportunities that God has given us to share her with friends and family. After being isolated for so long it feels so good to have dinner with friends, visit with family, or sit in church together.

Thank you for rejoicing with us this past week. Your encouraging words and well wishes are very much appreciated. Tomorrow we will spend the day recouping from our travels and at some point we will place our Ashley Kate in the bathtub for the first time in her life. We are so excited about this. Like I shared earlier, like is beginning to feel normal again. Thank you Lord for that normal feeling. Good night and may you enjoy the blessing that surround you tomorrow. Trish

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-
I am so excited for your family as you take on a new sense of normalness! Yay! Please give a full report on the first bath in the tub. Oh I can't wait and maybe a picture too!!!
I will continue to pray for you folks. You are on my mind regularly!
Lovingly,
Shari

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I know that I don't really know any of you, but I've been following her journey for almost a year now, and I am so thrilled to hear how well she is doing! Your journal has been an incredible blessing to me over the last 11 months--thank you for continuing to share your heart. You and Ashley are both amazing!

 
At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this might be my favorite post yet! It is so filled with happy's! I love happy's!!!! So glad this is where God chose to take your family. You are truly a gift from God!!! Blessings!!
Tamara

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

I have given you a blogger award - visit my blog! Sunshine

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your family as you begin a new week. Thank you so much for the encouragement and blessing your testimony through this journal always brings. Much love in Christ, Erica

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home