Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/29/2007

Sharing

If her story can point others to Him then it has been worth telling. If the pain in her life can lead one person to Him then I pray that someday she will see and say too, "That it was all worth it." If the long nights, the lonely days, the broken moments over the last two years can change my heart the way that they have then I will tell the Father, "THANK YOU for choosing me to be her mommy. For allowing me to love her. For bringing me to this place in my life where I can say to you, "It has been worth it." I am not the same and will never be again because He let me be a part of her story and He allowed me to share it with the world.

Today I had the privilege of sharing good news. To share with you that her lungs are free from tumors, and her body is free from lymphomas is good news. It feels so good to say that! Tonight I had the opportunity to share "the" good news of who Christ is and how much He loves us. It feels even better to say that! I got to share with a friend, a friend who I love dearly, what a difference knowing Jesus makes in my life and that He can make that difference in hers too. Without my Ashley, without her struggles, without her pain, without her transplant, without her story, I would have never had this chance. God is God and He knows what He is doing even when we don't understand. Trusting Him even when I was frightened and uncertain of the future was worth it. If one life, one heart, one soul comes to know Him then it has been worth it.

Please pray for my friend. God loves her as much as He loves Ashley. As much as He loves me. As much as He loves you. He can do great things in her life too. I believe that He can.

Thank you for sharing with me. You have shared your time, your talents, your most precious treasures with me. I will forever be humbled by your presence here on Ashley's story. God is using each one of you in our lives and I am grateful. Good night my friends. Trish

4 Comments:

At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanking God for the good news. So glad you all got such wonderful reports!

I will also pray for your friend!

Hope you all have a blessed day.

 
At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thank you for sharing her story with us. Thank you for trusting us with your heart and sharing it so openly and being so raw at times, even though it has been bruised a few times. I'm not the same person I was when I first reading Ashley's story. You have taught me so much about being thankful and praising God through the hard times and for the little things. For hairbows and ponytails, soft bedsheets and the color pink. I have learned that God is good. Period. Judy

 
At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! God is so good.
Thank you Trish for sharing Ash with us. I have grown as a mom and a person from reading about and loving her. I think only God know's the number of hearts that haver been touched thru Ashley's story. I hope that the central line removal went well and I am praying that Ash is comfortable now. ~Chan~

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger TheRagan3 said...

i too share your heart about sharing our children's story. if it brings people closer to the Father then so be it. i feel this way in regards to my Moses that is now in heaven. I know that peoples response to me talking about him is mixed but if they can see HIM in Moses' story then I will continue to talk about his sweet, altho short, life.
thank you for the reminder that HE is bigger than any of our struggles and HE uses them for His glory.

Erinn
Maryland

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home