Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/21/2007

Answered Questions


Every where I go people ask me about our Ashley. I find it amazing that her story has reached so many people. It blesses my heart to hear how she has touched others. When they tell me how they have prayed for her for so long this feeling of love and gratitude wells up inside of me and I just want to express to them how important they are to us. My initial reaction is to reach out and hug them or grab their hand or touch them in some way, but since many of them don't really know me I am afraid I would frighten them. I have learned to pause before I thank them and at the same time I am telling them thank you I am asking the Lord to please bless them as they have blessed us.

I am finding that with most conversations I am being asked the same questions. "Is she walking?" "Is she talking?" "Is she eating?" I don't mind the questions. Oh, sure on some of my more emotional days they may cause a little sting to well up in my heart because I am forced to say out loud that no she doesn't walk, she doesn't talk, she doesn't really eat, but for the most part it gives me an opportunity to share what she does do and those things are much more important than walking, talking, or eating. So tonight I am going to share with you some of the things that Ash does do.

Ashley does not walk, but her personality does soar.

Ashley does not talk, but her eyes and her smile communicate how much she loves life.

Ashley does not really eat that well, but her little body consumes all the love that surrounds her.

Regardless of the things that she does not yet do she is HAPPY, and that means the world to us. As time goes by we are finding out that she will have a lot more things outside of her transplant issues to overcome, but we will face each one of them just as we have the others. We will pray for her. We will be thankful for her. We will LOVE her. The rest are just details. God has plans for our little gherkin and we don't pretend to understand what they may be, but we know that He is working a good work in her life. For today that is all I need to know.

10 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger emily said...

"God has plans for our little gherkin and we don't pretend to understand what they may be, but we know that He is working a good work in her life."

Amen!

 
At 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can honestly say all I ever think to ask is "Is she healing? Does she feel good? Is she going to get a break from needles and monitors for a while?" As for what Miss Ashley does or does not know, she is teaching....tell her the Truitts send hugs - for her and Blake and Allie too. Then tip toe into Ashley's room and enjoy that she knows how to breathe room air and pull paper out of presents and style in princess wear. That's the really important stuff. I know you already know that.

 
At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is starting to look like a toddler now!!!! Her eyes look amazing!! I am so impressed by all her progress. I can;t wait to see you both soon!
Jaka

 
At 11:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley and, let's see, our esteemed President Bush. Both made carefully in the image of God, both equally valuable and equally important and equally full of the dynamic potential for great things that only God can impart.
And who measures the great things? The One who created them both perfectly, sees all, and works all the great things together for His glory and the good of those blessed to know Him. The true gauge is His. He measures Ashley's days, keeps track of her communication, and gauges her development; and any other record-keeping system - besides His - lacks dimension and eternal perspective.
He's got that little bitty baby in His Hands.

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Good to be able to check in again, busy summer. Wow Ash looks so big. Her eyes are beautiful!
God is doing an awesome job with your baby. I will be praying for her this week.

 
At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been away on vacation for over a week and just now getting to check in on Ashley.

I love the updates and all the party pictures. Precious - Absolutely Precious!!!!

I love reading all that Ashley CAN do. It is extremely hard sometimes but your outlook is wonderful. God knows His plan for Ashley's life. Everthing about her screams HAPPY and that is what is important.

My heart fills with joy everytime I see another picture posted. Please know that all of you are in our prayers everyday. Praying for how far Ashley has come and all God has done in her life and also for all that He will do.

Love,
Jule White

 
At 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her eye is looking so good. I'm so glad you choose to praise Him! It would be so easy to question. But you choose to trust.

 
At 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Dee Dee was not serious when she compared an innocent, beautiful baby to the man who sits in the oval office now. He has done everything he can to ruin this country and countless lives in the few years he has been in office.

 
At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I chose a controversial person to compare Ashley to. Although I personally greatly respect our President, my intent was never to start any kind of political discussion but only to point out the great value of this little girl's life, regardless of what she may or may not "accomplish." : )

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger cheryl said...

When Ashley was in the hospital I spent every day coming on your blog to see how she was doing, many hours praying... Then you guys went home and life happened and my visits to your site slowed down. Every few days or so I pop on to see how your family is doing, hear of your sons sports victories and your daughter's beautiful pictures and see that Ashley is still doing well. I love to see how God works, placing little babies in just the right place for them to thrive is his specialty. We have an adopted son and what doctors say is impossible God says is possible. Ashley looks great, like a little girl now. Her cries on the ball don't look like those of a child in pain any longer but rather a stubborn 2 year old - thank God for that fiesty-ness!! Days turn into weeks and then years as we see God's PERFECT plan unfold in pristine beauty before us...beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home