Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/15/2007

Take me Out...



...I mean Home to the ballgame! I should have sold tickets to tonight's game. Dave and Blake have the Rangers game blown up on a projector the size of our living room wall. The players are as large as life and its not enough for these two guys to just enjoy watching the game. They have laser pointers to help them study and analyze each and every play. I assure you my eleven year old is loving every minute of it. Poor Ashley Kate doesn't have the ability to get up and walk away. She is happily sitting on her daddy's lap and listening to the play by play. Allie and I have retreated to our rooms.

Our sweet baby pickle has been a little sour today. She woke up with an attitude and nothing I did could help take it away. She refused to cooperate during PT this morning and as soon as it was over she drifted off to sleep. "Ok," I thought. "She just needs a little more sleep." Nope. Her sour attitude continued and when it was time for her nurse to come and start her cytogam infusion she still had it. With each and every set of vitals she crinkled up her nose and the tears began to flow. I guess were all entitled to have a bad day every now and then. By the time Dave walked in the door she had stopped her crying and was happily playing in the floor. When Dave sat down next to her she leaned in and gave him a big hug. Too sweet! Over and over again she loved on her daddy until she finally drifted off to sleep in his arms. I'm trying not to take it personal. Perhaps tomorrow she will wake with a sweeter disposition.

I've been trying to unpack and catch up on the piles of laundry from our trip. Somewhere along the way I have misplaced Ash's shoes. I have no idea where they have gone so she has managed to escape spending anytime in the stander. I never really noticed that she only had one pair of shoes until today. All a girl really needs is a good pair of keds (especially when you don't walk), unless your mommy loses them while traveling. Hopefully they will show up tomorrow.

I think Ash and I will be traveling to Omaha a week from Monday. It will be a repeat of last months visit. CT scans, oncology, and transplant. The only thing we will do differently is remove her central line. In just a couple of weeks we will no longer have to care for, flush, and protect the line that goes directly into her blood stream. After two years she will finally be free. We are very excited for her. Removing it will obviously be uncomfortable because of the length of time it has been there, but she will be much safer without it. Just another stepping stone in her story.

Well, its time to tuck the pickle into bed. Thank you for coming here today and for praying for our Ashley. Your time has made a difference in our lives and we will forever be grateful. Take care my friends and God Bless. Trish

6 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know when you are in town...I would love to catch up with you and Ash this time. I am glad to hear that you all had a wonderful vacation. Hopefully Ash will be full of smiles tomorrow.
Jaka

 
At 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad all of you enjoyed your week in Colorado. The pictures say it all. I'm sure it meant a lot to Blake for Ashley to be there at the games and not in the car or a room. That had to be a real treat for all of you.
We are so thankful that you had a safe trip and that you are back home. Hope Ashley has a "sweet" attitude tomorrow and that she gets an excellent report and no problems removing the central line when you go to Omaha. Sounds like your guys are having a blast with their laser pointers.
Love to all of you~~~Janiece

 
At 1:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture of Ash in her t-shirt. She looks so huggable! I am praying for Ash to have a not so grumpy day tomorrow and for the trip to Omaha. (((hugs)))~Chan~

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Great news on getting the central line out. I'm sure it will feel like a huge step.

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her eyes are looking really good. She sure is growing up. Blessings to you.

 
At 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great step forward for Ash! Her eye is looking absolutely amazing and the b-day pics are beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home