Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/05/2007


Dear Ashley Kate,

It was two years ago today that mommy answered the phone and you entered into our lives. On this day, August 5th, my world expanded , my faith deepened, and my arms opened.

My sweet Ashley we may not have held you in our arms the day you were born, but from the moment we knew you were here we have held you in our hearts. Mommy and daddy love you more than you will ever know and we are the ones who were handed a gift. That gift was you. You are priceless!

Its been two years. Two years of laughter. Two years of joy. Two years of pride. Two years of snuggles. Two years of memories. Two years of tears. Two years of struggling. Two years of surviving. Two years of blessings.

Ash, God gave you a spirit of joy and strength. You have such a beautiful mixture of the two. You are full of sweetness and spunk. Just enough of each. You have been so fragile and you have been so tough. We are so proud of who you are.

There are still days when I look at you sleeping in my arms and I can't believe that you are mine. Even after all we have been through. Ashley I love you and I will always love you. There is NOTHING that will ever change that.

We celebrate your life, and we celebrate your God. He created you in His image and He loves you so very much. My prayer for you today is that one day all of your dreams will come true. Mommy's sure did. Ashley, dream big. Dream what others may think is impossible. Dream as wide as your mind can conceive and as big as your tiny heart can hold. Mommy and daddy will be next to you cheering you on and praying for you every day of your life. Happy Birthday my sweet, sweet girl. I love you, Mommy.

13 Comments:

At 11:10 PM , Blogger Joyful Days said...

Awesome!! Happy Birthday Ashley!

God gave you the gift of a wonderful family & gave them the gift of you.

The love you all share jumps off the "pages" here.

Peace, joy & love for many, many years.

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

WOW what a post! This is amazing - God is so good - you all are SO precious and so perfect for Ashley...she is one blessed little girl! (I almost said 'baby' - but she is such a little lady now I have to say girl)

I love this post - I cannot imagine what a foundation you all are laying for her to stand on - God is all over this little girl - her story - her parents - her brother and sister - it blows my mind. Have a safe trip and tell Ashley HAPPY BIRTHDAY one more time.

 
At 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL post.....cute pic. Praying for safe travel....Glad things went well.... Oh..WHAT A BLESSING. (=

 
At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!! I am crying! What a legacy you are leaving...What a testimony...What a witness...Happy birthday again Ashley! You are a miracle and a masterpiece. We are cheering you on and praising our God. There is no God like ours!Cheers, COlleen

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger PerryRocks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE THE PICTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY PICTURES OF HER PARTY AND ALL OF THE PINK BALLOONS!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger emily said...

Happy Birthday, Ashley!!!

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to one special little miracle named Ashley Kate! God is so good and we have so much to praise Him for now! Thank you for sharing her journey with us. It is priceless and has taught others so much! The picture is just precious!

Love to the Adams family and their now 2 year old! Yay!

Shari

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! Two years old and counting! Trish, this was a beautiful post. Ashley is so going to cherish these posts in the years to come. God bless and have a safe trip.

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Happy birthday sweet little Happy Ashley!!!

 
At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ashley Kate! You are such a sweet little girl with a beautiful spirit! I am so glad that I finally got to meet you. It brought such joy to my heart to see how strong you are! I love you sweet baby girl!

Trish~ thank you so much for inviting me to Ashley's party it was great and it meant more to me than you'll ever know. Your family is beautiful and very special! (((hugs))) ~Chan~

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Amy said...

YAY!

 
At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (most belated!!) birthday, princess!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home