Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/31/2007

Just Too Quiet

A day without our sweet Ashley Kate's laughter and nonsense just doesn't feel right. She continued to sleep the entire day and is still sleeping as I type. The house is so, so quiet. We have become spoiled with her silly behavior and her antics. The kids have tip toed in and out of her nursery just hoping to catch her awake. We have all missed her today.

She has no fever and has not given up any more "offerings". For this we are really thankful. She just seems worn out. I have seen no signs of infection brewing so for now we are just letting her rest. My prayer is that she will wake in the morning smiling, ornery, and ready to give her therapist a whole lot of trouble.

I honestly don't remember what our life was like before our little one came along. The last two years have been packed full. When I think back over them one word comes to my mind that sums it all up. BLESSED. Our life has been blessed. Our home has been blessed. Our family has been blessed. From the moment I answered the phone to be told that our sweet Ashley had been born the Father has shown Himself. Sometimes He showed us just who He was in small, quiet ways. Sometimes He showed us His presence in very large, miraculous ways. Always He has been with us. Carrying our burdens. Listening to our cries. Collecting our tears. Smiling as we praised and rejoiced. Ashley's life has taught me who our God is and I will forever be grateful for that lesson. We are blessed.

Sure there were and probably still will be hard and difficult days, but when I see her smile those days fade away. The place that we find ourselves in today is a peaceful place full of gratitude, reverence, awe, and thanksgiving. Again I will say that He is good.

Thank you for checking on Ash today and thank you to all of you who prayed for her today. Someday I hope to have the opportunity to thank you in person whether it be here or on the other side. Good night and God bless. Trish

6 Comments:

At 10:21 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Will continue to pray! Sunshine

 
At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ashley has not felt well today. Hopefully by morning she will be much better.

I especially pray that everything goes well for her birthday this weekend. I know you and your whole family have really been looking forward to her party. I am already looking forward to hearing all about it and can't wait to see some more beautiful pictures.
Praying for all things to work out but most of all for sweet little Ashley to feel her best. Much love to all~~~Janiece

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Hello Family,
I wanted to come by and say I won't be around for the next week as I will be on a mission trip to Monterrey Mexico. I will be sure to come and check on Ashley upon my return.

I recieved Allies pictures yesterday!! I will take care of my thanks when I return from My trip... I was so thrilled to get them, I absolutely love them both. They will hold a special place in my home as I watch your Ashley grow and see all the miracles God will have for her.
May the Lord make his light shine upon your sweet family!
Blessings

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

I'm praying that she's feeling better today.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

Hey,Trish,
This is probably already your favorite website, but just in case, I know a pickle who would love this stuff!

http://www.nickjr.com/shows/blue/printables/index.jhtml

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Still praying for Ashley. Lately I have had myself on limited computer. Just felt that I needed to spend more time with my family. My prayers did not stop though. I cannot imagine a day without praying for Ashley.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home