Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/26/2007

Worn out



Sweet Ashley Kate simply wore herself out today. She played so hard and so long that she couldn't keep her little eyes open. She was in her crib and fast asleep by 9p.m. I gave meds, flushed her line, cleaned her up and she snored through the entire process. I kissed her puffy cheeks and whispered how much I loved her and she still snored. That is one tired little lady.

The entire house is fast asleep and it isn't even 10:30. Dave is feeling a little under the weather and has gone to bed early. Allie has been at Pine Cove all week with her girl friends from school and she is exhausted. Blake had a hard practice in the rain tonight and he came home hungry and tired so he is sleeping too. I have to stay up until 2:30 so I can turn Ash's feeding pump off. She can't have anything past that time until she wakes up from the anesthesia tomorrow. She ate really well today and had a late dinner so I am hoping she won't be too hungry in the morning. We will be leaving for Tyler around 7. I started a movie hoping it will help keep me awake. Unfortunately I don't think its working. I seem to be yawning an awful lot.

I am anxious to get the procedure over with. If this works and Ash's eyes are corrected it will be so wonderful. I just can't wait to see how she will look. It may take a couple of weeks before we know if it works. Last summer her eyes were red and swollen for quite a while, but the right one turned out beautiful. She looked so different once it was corrected. I'm praying for a safe and successful procedure. Even though I have handed her over to surgeons more times than I can count it is still a difficult thing to do. I just have to remind myself that she is never alone and that I can trust Him to be there holding her when I can't.

It's probably going to be a long night. I will update and let everyone know how she is doing as soon as I can. Thank you so much for remembering to pray for her. I really, really appreciate knowing how much you love her. Good night. Trish

6 Comments:

At 11:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying her pictures. I would like to take this one in and share with our Sunday school class who I've requested group prayer for Miss Pickle :) Love the nursery, love the schedule, love how you love her, love the happiness in her eyes and the fiesty little spunk!! Will be praying for you and her as you watch her go once again behind those doors. I felt sad for you and then Jesus spoke to my heart and said that He would hold her hand, her heart, her future....He will guide the Doctors and comfort you as well. How GREAT is our GOD? Ashley is His masterpiece and how beautiful she is! We love you Ashley and pray for you tomorrow honey girl! Colleen in Ohio

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Good luck with the surgery. Shes in my prayers. I love all the pictures you have been posting. She sure is adorable.

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hadn't read in a few days and I just updated myself. I'm so happy that you've gotten her on a schedule. If that isn't toddler behavior, I don't know what is. :) I also NEED copies of her pics, the ones you've posted are BEAUTIFUL. I'll also be thinking about her and praying for her today that her procedure is uneventful. As beautiful as she is now, I can only imagine how much more beautiful she'll be with her eye repaired. And, who knows hwo much maturing she'll do once she's able to see correctly!!! I'm so happy for everything that's going on with you and your family. You are so unbelievably blessed (not that I need to tell you that)!!!

 
At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is really growing & making some significant gains toward milestones. She looks so big. Certainly, not a gherkin.....maybe a bigger dill pickle now. LOL
Praying for her procedure... & maybe one day in the future ....her & Josh can get together & play ...spur each other on....... (= Much love in Christ...

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Gorgeous picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are praying! Sunshine

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying it went well and you are back home now or on your way. Can't wait to see the results!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home