Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/23/2007

Growing Up


This is my sweet Ashley Kate sitting on the bridge that leads to "Picnic Island" at grandma and graypa's house. Oh, what adventures await this little one!

I can hardly believe how very grown up she is. This is my 2lb 12oz baby gherkin. I shake my head and rub my eyes wondering how and when she started to grow up on us. My heart overflows with joy as I look at this picture. Some times the goodness of the Lord is nothing less than amazing. He has done great things in her life, and I just love her with everything inside of me. I am so grateful. She fought so hard for so long. God is good.

Tonight we took her to the pond to take her birthday portraits. She sat there and played and smiled and behaved like she knew what she was doing. I was just so proud of her and I love the shots we got. I can't wait to have them blown up for her birthday party. I am having a hard time deciding which ones I like the best.

Days like today help the bad days begin to fade. When I see her smiley face and watch her play without a care in the world my heart just glows. Ash is amazing and she loves life. She loves blocks. She loves books. She loves Blue. She loves green beans. She loves to walk outside. She loves her daddy. She loves just about everything(I wish I could say she loves everybody, but honestly she is scared of most people. We're still working on her social skills). The most beautiful thing about my Ashley Kate is that she makes those who know her love life too. She has taught me so much.

As I type she is in her crib in the nursery playing away. She knows she is supposed to be sleeping, but there is just too much to do. Allie lays in her bed with a mask over her eyes and the quilt pulled up to her ears. I wish Ash would be a little quieter, but Allie doesn't seem to mind. She is sleeping soundly while her little sister "talks" and "talks" in the dark. I'm ready to lay down too and I have so much to thank the Father for tonight that I'm not even sure where to begin. Lucky for me He can see inside my heart and He already knows how very thankful I am to be in this moment living this life that He has given. What a blessing it is to sit back and watch our little one growing up. Good night my friends and God bless you. Trish

10 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Man what a precious picture of that baby. She is so beautiful and looks so healthy, I know she has a long way to go but seeing her outside looking in wonder makes me realize how much she has yet to see.

What a blessing to be able to be the ones chosen to carry out this awesome task.
Her nursery is precious and I know she is so blessed.

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Can I hire you to take pictures. You do such beautiful work. Of course, its not that hard when you have a princess like Ash, I guess. Blessings to you. I hope to see Dave sometime this week for my artwork. My schedule is just so full until Aug 5th. HAve a great day.

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is simply the sweetest photo--it makes me so glad to see how well Ashley is doing.
Know that you are all always in my prayers.
Much love in Christ, Erica

 
At 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that this is the best picture I have ever seen of Ashley. She looks so grown up and healthy! I can't believe that this is the same little Ashley I saw six months ago in the PICU in Nebraska. She looks amazing! I am so happy for you, and I am so proud of her.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! She looks like she could just get up and head off at any moment! She has grown so much in the last few months. It seems that in each picture you post, she's grown by leaps and bounds!

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Yesterday we were walking thru Brookshires and I saw a little jar labeled "sweet baby gherkins". Trish, if I had not been on the strictest of budgets I would have bought it just b/c it reminded me of yall. Crazy, I know... we don't even eat sweet pickles at our house :O).

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious gift from God! Ashley looks beautiful and so grown up.

I loved the pictures of the nursery and seeing the cross. Her little room is darling and I know how exciting it must be for you to see Ashley enjoying all the love you put into her little room.

Blessing are all around and I am so thankful for that. As always we are praying for more wonderful days.

Love,
Jule

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

What a sweet pic! You do take some of the best pictures! :)

I have a question about the nursery pics...how do you "white wash"? Any tips? And did you free-hand the words on the wall or use a stencil? And the dollhouses were more than I expected...I absolutely love them! :) It's such an inviting room! I would love it for my own daughter (she's almost 2 yrs). I've been wanting to re-do her room & now I know what I want...Ashley's room! :)

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Heather :) said...

Since I am pretty new to your site, it's so wonderful seeing your adoralbe daughter and to read about what she likes and how much fun she must be! For someone who doesn't know you except for this blog, I have such a wonderful idea of Ash and your family! :)

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Ashley looks even more grown up than she did a few weeks ago!
What a wonderful picture! You are an amazing photographer too - I like the little touches with the daisies, etc. So glad you all are having FUN!

Lou Ann

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home