Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/18/2007

Before and After


This is the scan of Ashley's lungs taken Feb. 21st. The large, gray circles on the bottom are the two largest tumors that were located. When I first saw the pictures I was concerned. Then they held up a ruler to the pictures and showed me the actual size of what had grown inside of her lungs and I was terrified. We quickly decided that a lung biopsy, spinal tap and bone marrow biopsy were necessary to determine exactly what we were seeing. The rest is history. Part of Ashley's story.




This is the scan of Ashley's lungs taken on Tuesday, July 17th. Its pretty easy to see that those large circles are no longer there. Dave and I are hoping to hear that this part of Ashley's story is over. We are praying that tomorrow we are told that she no longer has PTLD and that chemotherapy is just history for her. God has taken her this far and I am believing that He plans on taking her a lot farther.

We still haven't discussed anything with her doctors but to say that we are encouraged is an understatement. When I saw Tuesday's scan I felt as though a very heavy weight had been lifted off of my heart and I haven't stopped smiling. We still need to hear the official words, but we are definitely sleeping better than we have in months. To see our sweet Ashley playing on the bed tonight and causing all kinds of trouble is a beautiful sight. She is amazing, and everyday she lives reminds me of God's grace and mercy. Walking through the halls of this hospital I am haunted by memories of the harder days. The days when I was so unsure of her future. At the same time those haunting memories strengthen my faith in Him. He brought her through those days and He has allowed her to spend another day with her mommy and daddy. Tonight we are nothing but thankful.

Thank you for your prayers. You have faithfully walked beside on us on the hard days as well as the easier ones. I know it has been difficult. Tomorrow I hope to share one of the easier, happier ones with all of you. Take care my friends. You are loved. Trish

24 Comments:

At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome our God is. That is the most beautiful scan I have ever seen!
Laneigh

 
At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome. God is so good. It makes me giddy for you and for Ashley. Can't wait to hear what the doctors have to say!

 
At 12:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying that the words from the team tomorrow are ones of success and of celebration. The scans look so promising. And God is indeed very very good, just as He himself declared about all that He made. And that no doubt includes Ashley.

Would you and David please pray tonight for Seth? He has a nasty stomach virus that is causing him severe dehydration and if there is no improvement tonight, we'll need to decide if we should IV fluids to help him out. Thanks.

 
At 12:22 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

I am here before turning in and praising the Lord with you right now. It is good to hear good news about Ashley! I pray tomorrow brings even more great news.

We are rejoicing with your family!
Sweet and peaceful dreams.

 
At 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking GOOD!!!!
Judy

 
At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being that it is officially Thursday, that means in a matter of hours you should have a definite word on the lungs. Oh, Dear Jesus, we pray for the long awaited words, "all gone, the cancer is all gone". Praying for good reports in all areas.

It is a wonderful experience to be on this incredible journey with you. Thanks for letting all of us come along with you.
Much love and prayers~~~Janiece

 
At 1:45 AM , Blogger One of the Bunch said...

The difference in those scans are stunning. It truly shows the work of God. I pray that you will hear the words we're all hoping for. Blessings to you all.
Becky in MI

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to hear the official results. That picture brought tears to my eyes!!

 
At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Hebrews 11:1

I think there is alot of action based on FAITH...as I reflect on Ashley's past....this journey....& what is to come. I thank God he gave her to you both. What an amazing family. OH I am praising HIM....that second scan speaks volumes what Our GOD can do.....HE IS A GOD OF MIRACLES. Not just yesterday....but today...& everyday forward. There is NOTHING our God can not do. I feel HIM growing each of us...preparing us for HIS return. I thank HIM for the trials....(hard as they may be...that is where we learn to depend on HIM more ....humble ourselves...get rid of our pride....& Grow in HIM). Praising God...can't wait to hear what you learn today. Praying....(= MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST.....HUGE HUGS....Tears of Joy....flowing...

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

WOWOWWOWOWOW! That is awesome! So excited! We are heading out of town so I am not sure I will have internet but i PROMISE I will be checking as soon as I get back! Love to you all!!!! Tamara

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL....PRAISE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! PRAISE GOD. I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS. I AM PRAYING FOR EVEN BETTER NEWS TODAY!

 
At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave and Trish-
I am so thrilled there looks to be a difference in her scans. I am so excited for you.
I continue to pray for you as you endure this journey with such a sweet little baby!
She truly is a blessing and testimony of God's love, grace, patience, mercy, sufficience, and more.
Love,
Shari

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Krista said...

GOD IS DEFINITELY AWESOME! I AM SOOOOO HAPPY ! I know you havent got the official word yet, but I know she will be OK--she is too cute not to be. I cant wait to hear his miracles! Praying for her to be able to live her "normal" transplant life to the fullest!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

We really do have a trully awesome God. The scan look so promising .Will be waiting on the final good news. We are still praying.

 
At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad.
So so very glad.
I have been thinking of and praying for Ashley so frequently over these past few days. Now I am overjoyed to be able to rejoice with you at her progress!
With much love in Christ and a very thankful heart,
Erica

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Scans look awesome from what I can tell. I am not a medical professional but, I can sure see a difference between the Feb. 21ST Scan and the current Scan. Praying for more positive progress!!! I know all of you are so excited and relieved. God has brought you all through so many trials but, you have been so trusting in his care. Thanks for sharing your faith, love, joy, hope with all of us through Ashley's amazing story. God bless you always. In Christ's awesome love, Matt and Cindy Adams

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Way cool! I put Ashley on our Wednesday night prayer list so I'm sure you and your family have been prayed over by many (as you always are). Can't wait to hear the official word! Amazing difference!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Amy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL second scan! I am praying for continued wonderful days ahead!

 
At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so wonderful, thank u so much for sharing your story with us

 
At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the news is good today. Praying...Pam

 
At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! God is so good!

Always praying!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

I am smiling with you!!
YEAH. congratulations. You deserve a good nights sleep. Will pray for good news.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Just Tera said...

Found your blog through Ivey's. What an inspiration. Sending up lots of prayers for you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home