Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/16/2007

Sheltered under the Shadow

We are almost ready to go. Ash and I have packed our bags and we are now waiting for Dave to finish his day at the office before leaving for the airport. I am trying to find the right words to accurately describe the way I have been feeling lately. I don't know if nervous or anxious or on edge or what would be the appropriate term to use. All I know is that it has felt like everything inside of me has been jittery and jumpy all last week and into the weekend, but today it seems different.

Yesterday afternoon between the games I was sitting under one of the shade trees and I found myself talking to the Father and thanking Him for that tree. It was providing us with just the right amount of shelter from the hot sun. It was providing us with protection from the heat. It was providing us with a place to rest as we waited. It was sheltering us with the shadow of its branches. I was loving that tree and I was loving God for creating that tree and allowing it to shelter us. On the drive home I was still thinking about that tree. What a great job it had done at making us feel so comfortable. I just couldn't stop being thankful for it.

Today I have been thinking a lot about the Father and how He stands next to me during such difficult times and offers me a shelter under the shadow of His arms. I keep imaging myself standing next to Him and I can see His arms around me. It may sound crazy to some, but it is giving me the peace I so need as we prepare for this trip. I'm just hanging out with Him and talking to Him about all that is happening around me. He really is a big God and I really do believe He has big plans for our Ashley. Even if things don't go the way I am hoping this week I still know that He is going to be standing there next to us providing us a place to rest as He stretches out His arms to protect us. It felt so nice under the shadow of that tree yesterday afternoon and it feels really nice hanging out under His shadow today.

Thank you for your prayers. I know you are praying because I feel it. Ash is really grumpy today. I wonder if she knows were leaving home tonight? Whatever it is I hope it passes so she doesn't seem hateful to everyone this week. I would love for her to show off her smile and her silly self while we are there, but I'm not going to hold my breath. She tends to get pretty upset and frightened when they are touching her and messing with her. Unfortunately that's what this entire trip is about. Everyone is going to be touching her. Please pray for her attitude to be as sweet as possible so the week isn't miserable for her. I will try and post this evening to let you all know that we arrived safely. Once we get her settled in and her IV hooked up for tomorrow's scans we should have some down time in our room. Until then take care and God bless. Trish

9 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you guys! hope your plane flight goes well, no problems. i pray God's peace and protection on you and Ashley.
Blessings,
Laura

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying for all of you, and especially for Ashley.
May God bless you richly with the knowledge that you are indeed held in the everlasting arms.
We love you. So much.
God Keep.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger lbraun70 said...

Thank you for the image of the tree, I needed to hear that. My prayers are with you, may you continue to feel all of the prayers being offered up, and may God bless you in the coming days. Thanks again for sharing your journey, I come everyday.
Lisa

 
At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

(traditional gaelic blessing)

May God go with you. Love, Pam

 
At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for safe travels and great news!

 
At 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you in a special way as you begin this week of tests and waiting. I'm so glad you feel the arms of Jesus around you.

Megan

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

I LOVE when God does stuff like provide an example around us in our environment that is so personal and so tangible that it makes Him so much closer and the lesson that much more striking. I am praying - actually my entire family is - for you to have peace and comfort and to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control of every single detail of this week. I cannot tell you enough how thankful we are that this blog is here - I have learned so much from you - thank you for constantly pointing back to God. He loves you and Ashley and each and every one of us - with an all-consuming love.
Much love and prayers to you, Dave, Ashley and the rest of your precious family as you journey through this week. Sunshine

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger One of the Bunch said...

Sending many prayers and good thoughts to your entire family this week. He is there, watching over each of you.
Hugs,
Becky

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Picked up my painting yesterday. Loved it! My husband is on a mission to find a suitable frame for it. He was very impressed and loved the feeling and meaning behind it. Great job Allison!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home