Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/15/2007

Back Home and Preparing to Leave

We have just arrived home and our Tarheels did indeed win their 3rd state championship title. We had so much fun watching them play and do what they love to do. What a blessing it was to be there with them this weekend. The weather was so nice and the ball fields were surrounded by big, beautiful shade trees that provided us with the perfect seats for a championship round of games. As you looked across the fields and past the fence you could see the lake and the sailboats as they sailed by. It was really beautiful and it was even more enjoyable because the boys played so well. We are very, very proud of them.

Ash had a really good weekend and she now sits in the floor with her daddy reading princess stories and making lots of noise. I think she is trying to drown out his voice. The more he reads to her the louder she gets and it is actually starting to be very funny. She is so rotten and ornery! We are praising God for a GOOD nights sleep last night. Ash slept the entire night without ANY Blues Clues episodes. She was so exhausted from her run of all night marathons and refusals to rest that it finally caught up with her. We did not wake until 7 a.m. and it was probably the bests nights rest I have had in over a month. I was so very thankful. Tonight may be a different story. She is up and vocal and ready to go. I haven't heard her stop "talking" since we came in the door. She is really giving her daddy the what for in there.


Our Allie decided she would rather take the opportunity to visit her cousins this week instead of traveling to Omaha with us. She was allowed to go on one condition. She had to promise to call her dad every single night. She tends to go visit and then gets to busy playing to have time to talk to us on the phone and he told her this time she had to call and tell him how much she was missing him or she wasn't going. She just grinned a silly grin and said, "Sure, sure, whatever you ask." I have a feeling she won't remember. Although I am already missing her I am glad she is having so much fun. Blake is staying here in town with his grandparents because he has ball practice. His cousin has come to hang out with him this week and keep him company while Dave and I travel with Ash. They are already having a great time.


Once again the family is going to be separated, but thankfully it will only be for a short period of time. Dave and I have been discussing our goals for this week and the things we would like to have accomplished while we are in Omaha. We are making a list of our questions so we won't forget to cover something during our short visit. I am really praying for answers and direction as we prepare to go. As nervous as I am about flying(I am really the worst passenger in the air you have ever seen), the cancer, and the scans I am also feeling blessed by the friendships we developed during our time there and the opportunity to visit. God really did bring some amazing, encouraging, and supportive people into our lives during our stay in Omaha. Along with the development of those friendships He also brought each of you into our lives and we are truly better people because of it. He used you to minister to us in so many ways and I really believe I would have fallen apart without you. Thank you so much for being part of Ashley's story and for being part of our lives. I hope you know how much you are loved.

Ash is still hollering in the other room and Dave came in and asked me if I had any idea what she is talking about. I really have no idea, but I can say that I am thankful to hear it even if it is becoming a little loud. Maybe she is trying to let me know all the things she thinks her little princess self needs to take with her on this trip. I really am going to try and limit her to only 2 bags. We'll see if that happens or not.

Thanks for checking on our sweet Ashley Kate today. I hope you had a wonderful day and I will visit with you tomorrow. Good night and God bless. Trish

9 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your trip. I know Ashley has been healed and all will be clear. Praying for you not to be nervous flying. I always see Angels on the wings(wink)guiding the plane. God Bless you all.

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

We are praying too and cannot wait to hear how the week goes! Take care and know that you are covered in prayer! Sunshine

 
At 5:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your flight goes well. Can't wait to see all of you.
Jaka

 
At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your safety & peace while you fly. Also, looking forward to hearing the good results of the scans. (Hopeful that the cancer is gone). Prayerful that God will bring you through anything that is unexpected with the testing or things you encounter on this trip.
Much Love in Christ....Praying

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all had such a nice weekend. Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you. Prayers for a safe trip and a good week with good results.

Blessings,
Lori

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations on your state championship Blake! I'm praying for a clear scan on Tuesday! By the way, Allie, thanks for the beautiful painting. I got it this weekend and it brought tears to my eyes.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Great job Tarheels! I know you are so excited! Will be praying for you this week (and tonight for the flight). Glad you got at least one good night's sleep. Maybe your body stored it up? :) Have a great flight and a great trip.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Praying for a safe trip and GREAT RESULTS! WE love you Ashley....

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Praying for you and your trip.... May the Lord bless your travels and may you come home with wonderful news!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home