Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/14/2007

Hanging Out

Well its almost 4:30 and Ash and I are just hanging out together doing laundry. I have given up on sleeping and am hoping she and I will enjoy a little nap tomorrow. The good thing about being up all night is that it gives me plenty of opportunity to get the things around the house all caught up and by morning light the house will be shiny clean and laundry free. Yeah us!

We are very excited about this weekend. Our Tarheels will be playing in the state tournament in Dallas. Due to the amounts of rain here in Texas it has been three weeks since the boys last played any ball. All of their tournaments have been cancelled. So if tomorrow happens without a cancellation we will all be thrilled. I'm not sure that we are expecting a state title this year since they haven't taken the field in so long, but neither have the other teams in the Dallas area. Last year our Tarheels were blessed with two State titles and a National runners up. It was very, very exciting to see them do so well. They plan on traveling to Steamboat Springs, CO in a few weeks for their National tournament this year and they have been working hard to raise their own money for the trip.

Tonight we enjoyed just hanging out around the house together. The kids decided they would like to have breakfast for dinner and that they would like to cook it themselves. That was really fun to watch. I sat back and smiled as I listened to them share cooking tips with each other. Blake tried to convince Allie that she would really like crushed red peppers in her eggs if she would just try it. No going! She asked him to just leave her eggs alone and let her have them the way she has always eaten them. She and I are so much alike. Dave and Blake will try anything at least once and Allie and I are content to just keep things the way they are. They were both so very funny. Ash wasn't going for bacon and eggs. She settled on herb chicken, pasta and green beans. I am so proud of the way she has been eating lately. Since her chemo cycles have ended she has regained her appetite and is really enjoying food. This week she made huge progress by eating a level three baby food. She did so well learning not to gag on the thicker and chunkier food. She also surprised us by taking a few bites of a cracker. That was real progress.


I went to tuck the kids in and found them in opposite rooms tonight. Allie said she couldn't sleep in her room because she thought she heard a bug in there. I looked and couldn't find one, but there was no convincing her of it. Blake decided he would sleep in her room(it takes a real man to handle all of that pink bedding the night before a big game) and slay the "dragon" bug if it decided to attack.

Just before 5:00 tonight I got the call that the insurance approval had been worked out. That was such a huge blessing. I am so appreciative to my friend on the other end of the phone who worked all day figuring out what to do. It looks as though we will be flying out around 7p.m. Monday evening.

It seems as though my sweet Ashley Kate has finally drifted off to sleep. I don't think I'll join her at this hour because I would probably not hear the alarm at 6 if I did. I might as well just fold the last two loads of laundry before jumping into the shower. I hope you all have a great weekend and have the opportunity to do the things that make your hearts smile. I know we will be smiling if the rain holds off in Dallas and our boys can actually swing their bats a little. Take care today and may God Bless you. Trish

8 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

Hey Trish, bless you heart with no sleep and still you have the sweetest disposition, I'd be a bear!
I am thankful the trip is moving forward.I am praying for great results, yet if not we are still your prayer warriors and will be here for you.
Is the whole family going to Ohmaha, or just you and Ashley?
Hope Blake get's to play ball today. If I had not had plans I could be in Dallas today, I love me a good baseball game! Hope he play's and wins.

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad it worked out! See you soon (hopefully) and have a blast this weekend!

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck to the boys today...get some sleep on the way there if Possible!!! And good luck next week.

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Amy said...

This is a little random, Trish, but I was thumbing thru the new Current catalog and found the sweetest little pickle Christmas ornament. I am sure you've already found one... but just in case, I HAD to tell you. If you need one I'm sure they're ready for sale on the online catalog too.

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

The glory of being up all night!!!
We don't lift a finger until we here that all is preapproved. My husband is insurance, and when Ivey was born he told me 'you will learn to hate it'. He was right. We go round n' round with them. Did you know that Ivey was not considered at 'high risk' for synergis shots back in the fall, so she was not approved - at first. You talk about taking people out one by one on the phone.... I was asking for credentials left and right. It's great to see things are smooth right now. Keep faith.
Gwen

 
At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ashley this weekend!
Love in Christ...

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Yay! Good news about the insurance working. You know God's behind it when it works out like that! I was getting ready to add Ashley to my SS class's prayer request list but was not sure if you were going. Glad to hear you are. Hope the tournament went well. Will be praying for you this week.

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Sunday School class prayed for you today in Ohio. Thinking of you and praying for a miracle for Ashley. Love, Colleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home