Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/17/2007

Peek A BOO

I just opened my eyes(Dave and I drifted off while we were waiting on the pickle to wake up) and I saw her playing "peek a boo" all by herself as if she were waiting on us to come out from sedation. I guess shes ready to go! Her scan was finished by 10:40, but her sedation lasted a while longer. She seems to have woke up in a really good mood and is jabbering and playing.

This morning as we prepared to dress her we noticed that her mickey button was inflamed and bleeding. It looked terrible and seem to have happened over night. I am suspecting that the cellulitis infection she battled a couple of weeks didn't clear up all the way and has decided to show itself again. I put in a call to transplant and they said they would like to just take a peek at it this afternoon so we are preparing for a clinic visit around 2:00. Now that she is awake it looks better than it did first thing this morning, but we might as well be careful with it. Something is definitely causing it to flare up.

Last night we accidentally left one of our packages on the flight. It contained photos, Allie's paintings, and gifts for our friends we had planned on giving them. Our flight coordinator called this morning and let us know they had found it and they want to send it to us overnight. They are such a blessing! My heart was just sick about not having it, but I had decided we would just get back home and mail the things to them. So I want to say , "Thank You, Zack! You have been such a blessing to us and we truly appreciate you."

We are looking forward to meeting with a couple of Ashley's nurses for dinner tonight. Hopefully Dave will find the steak he has his heart set on. Tomorrow we are going to try and arrange to visit with one of Ash's transplant friends who always make us smile. There is just something about this little girl that makes you feel good all over. She was the very first person we met the day we came to Omaha and she stole our hearts from that brief encounter. Her name is Daisy and I have never met a person named more appropriately. Every thing I feel when I think of daises I feel when I think of our friend. She is precious!

Thank you for your prayers today. Dave and I are going to go pick up a copy of the scans and pop it in to take a little peek for ourselves. We primarily want to get a look at her lungs and see if we can tell a difference from what I saw in February. We won't really know anything until Thursday afternoon, but were curious. I hope you enjoy your day and that you know how much you are loved and appreciated by our family. You have been such a support and a blessing to us over the past year. Take care and God Bless. Trish

10 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought of Ashley several times today and each time I say a prayer for her that all results will be good. Ashley is such a blessing. Her story and your faith in God has renewed my faith and brought me closer to God. Please continue to share.

Stacey in Cave Spring, GA

 
At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ashley this afternoon! Thank you once again for your wonderful testimony: coming online to read the updates of the past days reminds me of what a gracious God we serve, and reminds me how blessed I have been by your grace in sharing Ashley and her story with all of us.
Much love in Christ,
Erica

 
At 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-
I am so excited. We got a new computer and now I can comment again! Yay! I continue to pray for Ashley and you folks during this time.

Take care!

Shari

 
At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Praying for test results that good!

Thank you for taking time to update. Enjoy your time with dear friends tonight!

Love,
Jule White

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

I was glad to see an update! Glad you got some rest too. I can just see Ashley years from now shaking her head at her parents who think you have to sleep every day (or night). :) At least the doctors can look at her infection or whatever it is and maybe figure it out, so maybe it's a good thing it's rearing its head while y'all are there instead of doing it back here in Texas. :) Have a great evening. Praying the scans were clear and pretty to watch. :)

 
At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR A 'CANCER FREE" SCAN!!! GLAD Y'ALL HAD A SAFE TRIP THERE. GLAD TO HEAR ASHLEY IS PLAYING. MAYBE THE REACTIONS OF THE CHEMO ARE STARTING TO WEAR OFF. I PRAY THEY ARE ANYWAY. WILL BE AWAITING THE SCAN RESULTS!! I HOPE DAVE FOUND THE STEAK HE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR! TAKE CARE. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! CINDY ADAMS

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Thanks for the update. I am constantly checking in and I hope for the best. Thank you for being such wonderful parents. You are really someone for your readers to look up to.

Amanda

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!!!

 
At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Miss Ashley is doing okay so far. We will be praying for that infection to heal quickly and completely. Looking forward to our meeting again - give me a call and let me know when it is convenient on Wed. My schedule is very flexible, 402-598-7412.
Blessing, Lou Ann

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Heather :) said...

I love the fact that "blogging world" has found me to you! We will absolutely be praying for Ashley and you and you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home