Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/19/2007

So much to share

I have so very much to share with you all but, we have just arrived home from Omaha and the busiest of our days there.

We had hoped to hear that all was clear and that there was nothing, absolutely nothing to be concerned about. We are so very close to what we had hoped. Let me start by saying that our God is amazing and He has done amazing things in the life of our Ashley and in this family. I know it is by His hand and His will alone that the scans look so very good. We had shared that there was a small, very small (6mm to be exact) spot that caused us a little concern. When we met with the doctor this morning and went over the radiologists report this spot caused them a little concern as well. The conclusion is this. It may be a small residual of the larger tumor that was once there. It may be scar tissue left on the lung from the large tumor, or it may be a little infection of something entirely different. At this point there is no way to tell. Our plan? Watch it and monitor it carefully. We will repeat the scan in a month and see if it has grown. If it has grown then it is more than likely more tumor that will need to be gone after. If it is gone(which is my prayer) then no worries. If it is the same size then it is probably scar tissue. I personally feel very positive about it not being cancerous. I don't know why I feel this, but the longer I think about it this is what I am feeling. To be completely honest with you this morning it stung me a little bit to hear that there was a small concern. Tonight I have more peace about it.

The other concern is her spleen. The oncologist feels as though it is a bigger concern than the remaining spot in her lung. Possible PTLD in the spleen? Maybe, but our transplant surgeon does not agree. The plan? Look at it again on CT scan next month. The report stated that it is larger than it should be, but it has always been large even before the diagnosis. Worried? I am trying not to be. We compared scans taken in November, February, and this week. Dave and I think it is the same size. We just have to wait and see what it does now.

All in all the appointments went well today. Like I said there is so much I want to write about and share with you. So many blessings and encouragements that were sprinkled in throughout our trip. I am overcome with the goodness of the Lord and how He has smiled upon Dave and I by allowing us to walk along side our sweet Ashley Kate. Each and everyday is a gift and I never want to take it for granted. I love being her mommy and I love watching what He is doing in her life. I promise to share more tomorrow, but tonight I know you wanted to hear this news first. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over for loving our Ashley and for praying for her. I will never be able to thank you enough for sticking it out with us. I love you guys. Good night. Trish

P.S. Holly, Thank you for having lunch with us today. You brought a smile to my heart. Kiss Caleb for me. Take care. Trish

22 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glas you all made home safe and souond. I am very happy about this news for Ashley. Hopefully next time you are in town we will be able to meet up.
Jaka

 
At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you God for good news. Heal this spot and normalize Ashley's spleen. Put angels around her and keep doubts and fears away. Let this family rest in you. Take away their cares and carry them Jesus. Amen..Love in Ohio, Colleen

 
At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting. I felt like a little kid waiting for Santa because I was all day checking to see how Ashley was doing. Wow, you are home already! That alone is very good news to me! We will continue to pray. Love, Pam

 
At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YYYIIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!!!!!!

Sooo....for the next month...she will live with no treatment?? That is WONDERFUL NEWS. Another month to enjoy her, love her, and take her in in all of her glory!!!!!

Thank you God for being to faithful and giving in this story of Miss Ashley. Her scans improving, and concerns being minimal is just another way you have shown us that you have some MAJOR plans for this little pickle!!!!!

YAHHOOOO!!!!!

 
At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, Dave and Ashley,
I am not sure if I said thank you or not for lunch, but THANK YOU! I miss you guys, but I am so happy that you are home and not here! I truly enjoyed our lunch. I promise to get pictures to ASAP! I found them this evening! Oh, and Ashley is still covering my fridge! You are not the only ones with poop stories to tell either!
Love
Holly and Caleb!

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Praise God - I have refreshed my screen a million times searching for how the meeting today went. We will continue to lift you up in prayer and are so glad you are home from Omaha! Have a good night's rest and much love and prayers coming your way! Sunshine

 
At 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now I can go to bed...I have been waiting for an update all evening:) So thankful that today went well and will continue to pray for ash and your family!

 
At 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update- I've thought of you all day.
You will continue to be in my prayers as you wait (again) for the results of the next CT scans.
Until then, you have much living to do with that beautiful little girl.
Megan

 
At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have checked on Ashley a million times today also!!! I am soooooo excited and encouraged about the great things that He hath done. Praise from Whom all blessings flow!! I am encouraged in my prayer life and looking forward to hearing the "rest of Ashley's story" as God unfolds it!!
Much love and prayers are sent out to you!!

 
At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! We will continue to pray. So glad you all are home. Hope you all get some rest tonight.

Blessings,
Lori

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm
"The Lord hath done GREAT things for us & we are filled with Joy..."

I know there are things (medically speaking) that are still a "concern". I am thankful that somethings tonight are not....& that is that God's with you...every step of the way..for it is.... HIS peace & certainty ....you feel Trish. Regardless of the outcome He is so deeply rooted in your life that even in the event of a future storm.....You can get out of the boat.....walk on the crashing waves.....holding HIS hand. What a journey....what a testimony....What a blessing Ashley is. Kiss those little darlings....Allie...Blake...& Ash. I know I will kiss mine as I tuck them in & as I thank the Father for loving me enough to take me down a road of change...& growth. Praying....

 
At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it home safely. Trish, your mom called me this afternoon with all the news and I was so very excited. She just wanted to go ahead and share her joy with me and I am sooo happy she did, too. She said, "they are flying back home right now" and I have just been checking off and on to see if you were here yet and if you had posted so now I will go on to other things knowing you are back together in your own home. Looking forward to hearing more from you later so hope you have restful sleep tonight. Love to all, Janiece

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Benn gone all day, it is late and I wanted so badly to check on Ashleys results. So tonight I am making my thanksgivings instead of pleading and it feels so good to hear such great results!
God is good... all the time, God is good.
I rejoice with you and pray still for full and complete healing for your precious Ashley!! Go Ashley.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

P.S.
So does this meann we will be celebrating a Birthday party soon??? Woo hoo!

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Praising the Lord with you on such good results! And continuing to pray for little Ashley.

It seems just like God to give such great news, but keep something in there so you keep earnestly seeking Him. May He grant you peace and bless Ashley with complete healing!

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great report! I am praying for you that God will give you both peace in the month ahead, and wonderful news afterward! He is faithful. Thanks for letting us know!

 
At 12:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you get at least one full month of relaxation to breathe, to pray, to rest, to play. What a blessing!! During this month, we'll all be praying for more wonderful results on those scans to come next month. MUCH love to all of you.

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Enjoy the next month of being treatment free! :) Praying for a totally clean scan next month.
manyblessings:)

 
At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish,
I am so happy for you. I was so relieved after seeing the scans. It's amazing how much better they look. I will pray that next month you will get the all clear signal. I will keep following up. Give Ashley a hug and kiss for me, and tell her that I am so proud of her.

 
At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just smiling quietly....and praising our very good God.

 
At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear another miracle that God has done in Ashley's life!!!! Prayers are very powerful, and we continue to lift them up on her behalf. Trish, if you could send me your email address I would love it. There is something that I wanted to forward to you that God has put on my heart. My email address is: momsajul@cox.net. Thanks!!!

Julie
(The one who gave you the crib in Omaha)

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We will be praying for this small spot of concerrn. I know you must have been relieved to see the scans of Ashley's lungs....they are remarkably different - our God is awesome!! He has worked many a miracle in Ashley's life....we have seen His hands at work in her life. What an amazing journey you have all traveled, we are so glad that we get to be a small part - God has truly blessed us through her story. We will continue praying you through every step of the way....even if it is from behind the scenes. Much love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home