Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/23/2007

The Nursery Part 2

A couple of you asked if I would mind sharing a few photos of our Ashley's nursery. I don't mind, so here is my attempt to give you a peek into what we believe our sweet Ashley Kate needs to grow from a tiny gherkin into a mighty dill. The nursery is my favorite room in the house. The ceiling is painted a sky blue with puffy white clouds that float across it. I so enjoy laying on my back and picking out pictures in the clouds with the girls. The walls and her crib are painted a pale yellow to help offset all of the pink bedding. The room is very small, but just the perfect size for a tiny pickle to play in. Finding a good angle to take photos was very difficult so I hope you are able to figure out what you are looking at. Enjoy!


I have no idea why this one came out so crooked, but I promise the room isn't built on an angle and the window hanging above her crib is level. I told you finding enough room to take photos in here is difficult. Anyway, this is the view from Allie's bed into Ashely's nursery. I absolutely LOVE the old farm window that hangs above the crib. I picked it up in Canton one weekend and I think it fits beautifully in this room.
This tin sign also came from Canton(I love to browse through the vendors whenever I get the chance to run over there). I firmly believe in the message portrayed here. Kissing those precious foreheads goodnight is the highlight of my day. I wouldn't miss it for the world!
This is one of the two doll house units we built for Ashley's room. We had to come up with a storage solution for her clothing and linens. They are built from floor to ceiling and firmly attached to the walls so that when she becomes a climber there is absolutely no way they are coming down(I'm dreaming big!) I love everything about them from the scalloped roof tops to the pastel edges we painted on the fronts of all the shelves. The picket fences are actually gates that open up to store more linen. I love a good set of linens(especially when they have her name or initials embroidered on them).
This next photo is one of my favorite pieces in the nursery. Its and old coat rack that used to be in the kids classroom when they were pre-schoolers. I simply "white washed" it in a pale yellow to match the nursery and added the little bird and nest to the top of it. It holds Allison's old dress up hats and the ballet tu-tu her daddy bought for her the Christmas before she was born. The wreath I wore on our wedding day also resides on one of the hooks. I don't know why I love this piece so much but theres just something about it that makes it fit perfectly into our Ashely's room.
This photo is just a close up of the farm window that hangs above the crib. At one time I had black and white photos of Ashley's tiny hands and feet behind the panes of glass. It was precious. I fully intend on putting them back I just took them down to paint the scripture on the wall and then we were called to transplant the next week. Its just something I haven't gotten around to doing yet since coming back home, but I will.
This is another angle of one of the doll house units. As you step into the nursery from Allie's room they are on your right and left. It was a perfect solution to our need for storage and it just made the nursery a little more magical once they were finished. The cross that you see hanging on the outside was a gift sent to our Ashely. It was given to her from a mommy who also has a Kate who was born at 28 weeks. Although we have never met, once I read her letter I felt as though I knew them and I envisioned us being old friends. I love the pastel mosaic pattern on the cross. It reminds me to pray for Kate each morning as I walk into our Ashley's nursery. Thank you Jule for the gift!
This is the last photo(I'm sure you are completely bored by now). Can you kind of tell where the doll houses sit in the nursery from this view? As I said they are on your right and left sides as you enter the nursery from Allie's room. She has a perfect view into her little sister's crib from her bed. The crib has to be my very favorite part of the room. Dave built this crib while we were expecting our Blake to be born. It was his, then Allies, then my niece Jessica's, and now it belongs to our Ashley. I gave it a pale yellow "white washing" and then sanded the heck out of it to make it look even older. I love anything that appears to be worn and well used. Just something about it that makes me think it was very loved and appreciated and in this case it has been. My favorite images of my babies happen to have been in this very crib. I still remember the way Blake looked as he lay sleeping inside of it. I remember my Allison playing peek a boo with me through the slits, and now I have precious visions of my Ashley Kate at home in her crib where she belongs.

I hope you enjoyed the little tour. God has been so very good to us through the years and I am so thankful for the little yellow house He has given to us to call our home. I have always believed that less is more, and it doesn't take much to make it feel like home. Our house if full of memories in the making and thats what makes it feel so special. I am so thankful to be back home.

19 Comments:

At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-
I love it! How precious! And on another note, thank you for recommending "Facing the Giants." It's exactly what I needed to watch for the point I am in in life right now just being diagnosed with cancer.
Much Love-
Shari

 
At 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures! It makes it so real and so awesome! I ADORE the nursery! :0) Thanks for being you my friend!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Love it, love it, love it! It is a beautiful room and you can tell it belongs to someone who is very much loved. You did an awesome job on the crib, Dave! Trish, you definitely have an eye for how things can look. Awesome job! I'm sure Ashley will love her room as she grows.

 
At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

precious nursery!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger PartyofFive said...

So sweet and beautiful! I love the dollhouse shelving units. Thanks for sharing with us.

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger TheRagan3 said...

what a beautiful room to grow up in! I'm sure Allie loves having Ashley so close.
good job!!
erinn

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

WOW can you come to my house and decorate? You have a total gift! I love this room - it is absolutely perfect for Ashley and Allison! Thank you for sharing. Sunshine

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger PerryRocks said...

A precious perfect room for a precious perfect girl(s). You did a great job. Ever thought about interior design?

 
At 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet room!!!

What a blessing to be able to lay her down in that beautiful room after so many long nights in the ICU. It is a real gift for me to be able to see these pictures since she has become such a part of my life through our common prayer in the Lord. Love, Pam

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

What a pretty tour, Ashley's nursery is so adorable. You did a great job.

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that room is adorable. You should be a decorator (in your "spare" time, right?!)
Megan

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful nursery! I just wanted to thank you for teaching me (through your journaling) to cherish my children every moment that I have them. It is so easy to get caught up in the to do's of life and to forget the biggest 'to do' we have is to love those that are closest to us-in ways where they feel loved. The Lord has really used you and my experiences with Kali to teach me. Thank you for sharing your heart-it has touched mine.

 
At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very precious! And how fitting for your daughters! It is such a satisfying feeling knowing that all that hard work paid off and they can enjoy it now and know that mommy did it all (probably with a "little" help from daddy) for them with love.

 
At 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - thanks for sharing. the nursery is absolutely darling - you have lovely taste... a perfect setting for a precious angel. linda.

 
At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. How precious and perfect for a little girl. She will absolutely love her nursery. Thank you for sharing pictures of this. It is so cute!

 
At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her room is amazing! I love the dollhouse/bookcase/storage units! What a precious place for Ash to GROW UP and CLIMB and LIVE!

Always praying!

 
At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lord thank you for this mommy! She is so loving and creative and she puts colors together so beautifully. Someday, I want to be a mommy just like her. Bless her Lord. Just bless her. Bless her mommy's heart.

 
At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful just beautiful

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger preechrboy said...

Very Nice sis. You guys have done a great job...again. Of course, I've come to expect it of you ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home