Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/24/2007

I just HAD to share

I had the photographs we took of Ashley printed today. There are so many precious and touching images of our little princess, but there is one that I just had to share with you. I know I have told you all how very much I desire to raise her to behave like a young lady. She will eventually act like the princess I know that she is, but right now she just acts like she's... 2! So, may I present you with my absolute favorite 2 year old birthday photograph of my SWEET Ashely Kate:



This my friends is my precious, almost two year old, BOOGER picking, princess. Do you see the absolute look of joy on her face and that ornery twinkle in her eye? The more I protest the deeper she digs. I'm telling you this child brings a smile to my heart. Who could resist such a photo? I can pretty much promise you that this one will not be made into a banner for her party!

Honestly we ended up with some absolutely beautiful portraits of this baby girl. I will be sharing them with you as we count down the days to her much anticipated birthday celebration. I just HAD to share this one first.

Ash did see her eye doctor this week and we have scheduled surgery for Friday morning. I am so thankful that God has worked out the details and that we will be able to put this behind us after Friday. My prayer is that she will do great during the procedure and that in the end her left eye will be straight. I don't know what time she will go into surgery, but it shouldn't last too long. Under 30 minutes I think. After she wakes up from anesthesia we should be able to bring her home. This little procedure is nothing compared to the work she had done on them last June. We expect her to do very well. She is stronger and "healthier"( I'm not sure you can really use that word when describing our Ashley) than she has ever been. Last summer she was dying from liver failure and her spleen was gobbling up platelets faster than her body could make them. I feel as though we are in a much better place entering this surgery than the previous one. To be honest, I wish it didn't need to be done, but I am determined to do everything we possibly can to help Ash overcome her difficulties. I just don't think I could look at her one day and say that I was just too tired or too scared to have her eyes fixed. This is our window of opportunity and we need to take it. Everyone agrees (all of her doctors) that now is the time to go for it. I would really appreciate your prayers. Anesthesia is anesthesia and it always makes me nervous. I will let you know what time as soon as I find out.


She is having a really terrific week. One of her best ever, and I am so loving being her mommy. Thank you so very much for being here today. Your time spent here is really appreciated. I hope this little image of our princess brings a smile to your face. Just look at what all of those prayers have done. God is truly good, and I am just as thankful for her nose and her fingers as much as I am for the rest of her. Good night. Trish

15 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious. Praying for Friday!

 
At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful picture. The caption should read: Booger pickin' princess livin' life to the fullest! Can't ask for more than that. We continue to check in and pray! Love, Jackie and Susan

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

How adorable she is... I know you are all enjoying her. I will definately be in prayer for her on Friday especially with the anestesia. I'll bet you prayed for these ornary days!
Blessing

 
At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! The pics sure brought a smile to our faces.

Praying for the surgery on Friday!

Blessings,
Lori

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

She looks wonderful! It's amazing to see how healthy she looks, compared to photos of her when she was in Omaha. I am so glad to see so many smiley pictures of her!

I'll be praying for her surgery Friday:)

 
At 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Ashley today!

 
At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Ashley is just too cute - no matter what she is doing!

I will be praying on Friday. I know how even a less intense surgery is still such a concern. (Melissa had eye surgery when one yr old and I can remember my fears.) Covering you in a blanket of prayers, Lou Ann

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Well now...if that isn't just the cutest!!!!!! I honestly think you SHOULD include that one. Her personality is just oozing out in it and wow, it is CUTE!!! :D
d:)

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a little 2-year-old now! How wonderful to be able to see her act her age. Get ready, she will be a handful for many years to come. Just look at those eyes! She is so perfect...

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the best picture! I love seeing pics of her--helps me pray for her! Praying this surgery is a breeze and every day you see a new miracle!

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me totally laugh out loud. Sunshine

 
At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It fills my heart with joy and my eyes with tears that your recent posts are so filled with joy and happy times. Your family is so special! We've never met but I feel like I know your family so well. I wish God's abundant blessings on all of you. Thank you for sharing your lives with us. I will pray for Friday to go smoothly.
Thankful in Nebraska,
Shannon

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think everyone needs a picture like this ~ it's tooo funny! Praying for the procedure on her eye.

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying for Friday! And I just have to say, though I know you love pink, she looks awesome in red! She's such a pickle!!! Or on her way to being one!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Cute cute cute.Praying for ASH friday

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home