Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/26/2007

Sweetness!


I love this little one. She is so full of sweetness. The better she begins to feel the sweeter and sweeter she gets. She just smiles and giggles and plays all day. She truly is the sweetest baby I have ever known, and we are so blessed to have her in our home.

Ashley is doing very well on her new schedule. She is napping and sleeping ALL night in her nursery now. I have weaned her down to one episode of Blue and then off it goes. She fusses at me for a while and then eventually drifts off to sleep not to wake until I get her up in the morning. She is learning that the crib in the nursery is for resting and not playing. The crib in our room is still for playing(at least she thinks so). If I lay her in there she thinks the party is soon to start. I am so thankful she is settling into a routine. I can see the difference it is making in her attitude. Each morning she greets me with a smile and she can't wait for me to pick her up. I love this time with her. Once I am holding her she snuggles in close and pats me on the shoulder. It is so sweet. It only lasts for a moment and then she is ready to play. Our living room no longer belongs to the family. It has become a play room and therapy center for our sweet Ashley Kate. We have adjusted to stepping over and around her stander, her walker, her mats, her toys, her play pallets, her dinosaur(which she absolutely loves to play with and it has become our motivator for therapy), and her stack of books. Somehow she always manages to "convince" one or all of us to join her in her nonsense. At any given time of the day you may find her mommy, her daddy, her grandparents, or her siblings sprawled on the pallet encouraging her to play and discover. I love to sit back and watch her figure things out and see the look of satisfaction that comes across her face. She is such a joy and a blessing to us all. I continue to be amazed daily at the goodness of the Lord.

We will be checking in for surgery around 8:30 tomorrow morning. If all goes well we hope to back home by early afternoon. She will have some redness and a little irritation for a couple of days, but her activity should not be limited. This procedure should not be painful for her. My main concern is the anesthesia and her central line. There is always a risk of infection in her line when going in and out of it.


I hope to take her outside a little this afternoon. She loves to sit in front of the windows and watch the hummingbirds and the butterflies in the garden. She squeals each time the door opens thinking she should be allowed to go out. She actually threw a temper tantrum the other day as Dave came home from work. I was holding her on the floor and she got so angry she was standing on her own and not even realizing it. I allowed the fit to continue because it was actually serving a purpose. Now we know that she can stand if she wants too, the key phrase is "if she wants too".

Thank you for your time and your prayers. Each one of you are so appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day. Take care and God bless. Trish

6 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! I'll be praying for you tomorrow morning!

 
At 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome that she stood on her own!! Sounds like alot of fun with that sweet girl at your house! I will be praying in the morning for your little one! ~Chan~

 
At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish this post and especially the picture fill my heart with such joy. The picture is beautiful and to hear about how Ashley is playing (and even throwing a little tantrum) brings a smile to my face as I know it does yours.

Please know that we will have Ashley in our prayers tomorrow during her procedure. You, Dave and the kids will also be lifted up in prayer as I know y'all will be nervous and anxious!

Love,
Jule

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

So happy to hear that Ashley's doing great with her new routine! I'll be praying for her!

 
At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Ash is doing so well!! I am so sorry that we didn't get to meet up while you were here in Omaha. Good luck with surgery, I will be praying for all of you.
Jaka

 
At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm a few days late in responding to this post, but I just wanted to let you know how much I love that picture!
God keep, Erica

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home