Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/30/2007

Just another day...

... and I am loving it! The children are having lunch around the table. The washer and dryer are going. Nora Jones is playing in the kitchen. My favorite candle is burning on the mantle. Our sweet Ashley Kate is hard at work AND enjoying her favorite blue puppy.




I know it looks like we are torturing this baby, but I assure you we are not. This is Ash in her stander working on strengthening her legs and ankles. She is actually getting really good at it. She can stand through an entire episode of Blue without fussing. Since she only gets to watch Blues Clues while she is working she tries to be really quiet hoping I won't notice it is on. Silly baby, she doesn't realize I am the one who started it for her.




She is getting stronger and stronger each day, and has begun trying to wiggle her way out of her stander on her own. She tries to lift her legs out of it and even tries to reach behind herself and unfasten the strap. She will never be able to escape this contraption on her own, but all of the twisting and turning is really good for her muscles. Ash doesn't like to use any rotation in her trunk area so I allow her to think she is escaping for a few minutes before I help her get out.



This last picture I just threw in just because I couldn't wait any longer. I know her eye is still bloodshot and a little swollen, but I wanted you to see how straight the eye is when she is looking ahead. It no longer stays turned to the inside corner. It still has a lot of healing to do before we can tell exactly how it will function, but at this point I think it looks better.

Well its time to pick up some of Ash's things so we can clear a spot for her therapist to sit. I guess I should go otherwise Ms. Sue will have to sit on top of this big green dinosaur. Talk to you later. Have a great day!

P.S. Morgys mama asked who took Ash's portraits(I still have some really great ones to share with you:). Dave and I just took Ash out to the pond and took them ourselves. I'm still learning to do that "relax" thing we talked about in Omaha and I couldn't bring myself to take her into a photographer. I'm so glad you enjoyed them. Take care.

14 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her eyes look so good!

It's too bad you don't have a way to hook the seat of her contraption up to the power button on the tv. If she sat... it'd go off! She'd be certain to stand for hours at a time! Ha! :)

So, so cute!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Trish, her eyes look gorgeous!! She is so beautiful and she is positively shining. :)
d

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

She looks awesome. I am so glad to hear that her standing is improving. Her eyes look great and I can hardly wait to see her after the redness goes away.

Praying for your family always.
Amanda

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love how girly she looks even when she is working! I also love the little white keds! They are so precious.

She looks beautiful but most importantly happy and relaxed! I am so proud of Ashley and how far she has come. She is blessed to have such wonderful parents and siblings!

Always in our thoughts and prayers!

Love, Jule

 
At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little eyes, big eyes, blue eyes,
brown eyes, hazel eyes or green eyes are all pretty, but eyes that look straight are the most beautiful no matter what their color. Beautiful and straight describe little Ashley's eyes now.

When I saw the first picture of her back I thought, oh no I wanted to see those eyes after surgery and sure enough in the next 2 picutres, there were those big beautful,brown,straight eyes. Yea!

So happy to see her doing so well with her standing exercises.
Thank You, Jesus, for anwering our prayers. Much love to all~~Janiece

 
At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley looks FABULOUS!!! I am sitting her giggling and clapping in excitement as I read of 'normalcy' in your home. Of course, I know there is only so much normalcy one home can handle when there are three active children!!! However, normalcy is GREAT! Ashley looks healthy, happy, and beautiful. God has blessed your family with the gift of life and love ... this is something that no one will every take away!!! Love ya lots and I'm so proud for you! Regina D.

 
At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-
Her eyes look wonderful! I just know they will be OK! She's beautiful and I have been enjoying all the pics you have taken. I am so glad she's enjoying life without chemo and she's having good days and doing well with the schedule. What a doll!
I know that stander will help her immensely! Our youngest used it and it helped him get stronger so much faster.
Praise God for everything regarding this little sweet pickle!
God Bless,
Shari

 
At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!..I read about Ashley all the time, but hardly ever leave a message..just couldn't sign off without telling you how it brought tears to my eyes, looking at all of Ashely's pictures lately...I always loved her look, but she just gets more beautiful every day. I am just love hearing about all of you. You and your family are really blessed! God working miracles every day. Terri

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so strong standing there! What a beautiful little lady! Her eyes look great to me! Praying for that princess! ~Chan~

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

Trish she looks so good., one day i feel not to far down the road you want b are a pretty little girl and your eyes are gorgeous.

 
At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty!

 
At 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been out of town with appointments for Josh.....& I am catching up on things. She looks great....& I am glad she is tolerating the standing. It is a challenge here....he hates it.....but is doing more each time also.... Her eyes are so pretty...Thankful all went well.

I think you did great with the pictures...she is so adorable...how could she not photograph well. (= Take care....Hugs....

 
At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her eyes look wonderful! My kiddos always ask who the baby is in the pictures when I'm reading your blog - they always tell me to go back to the baby!

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

Wonderful! She looks great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home