Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/03/2007

Whirlwind

We literally blew into town(you just have to love that Oklahoma wind!) around 6:30 this evening and we haven't stopped yet. One of my very favorite parts about coming into town is being tackled with all the hugs and kisses my nieces and nephews give. I have missed them so very much the past two years and my goodness they have grown up. Our first stop was to take Ash to the place we are staying so that she could get out of the car and stretch a little. She is absolutely the best baby. She travels so well. She plays and rests and plays and rests. She didn't even fuss for a minute. I love her so much and I LOVE being able to look in my rear view mirror and see her smiling back at me. It always brings me back to that very first day we came home with her. After 6 long months in the NICU in Dallas I couldn't believe she was finally in that car seat. To tell the truth that day seems as though it was a million years ago. So very much has happened in the last year and a half.

While Ash and Nan stayed in to rest and hang out I went into party mode. I have party stuff packed in every single inch of our car. There are boxes and packages all the way to the top of the ceiling. It kind of looks like I am driving the Beverly Hillbillies truck around town. Thankfully I will be able to leave the majority of it here after tomorrow and not have to travel the remaining 14 hours with the car looking as it does now.

To say that we are a little excited about tomorrow is a huge understatement. We are thrilled to be celebrating. Dave and I spent so many days wondering if she would ever have another birthday. I feel so blessed. Blessed more than my words could ever describe. Our daughter is here. She is turning two years old tomorrow. She has healthy organs. She is living and growing. She is a miracle. The first thing I noticed when I saw my sisters was "our" necklace. We all still wear the charm that a friend of mine sent to me while I was in Omaha. It brought a smile to my heart and to my face as I hugged their necks and told them that I not only "expect a miracle" but I brought a miracle with me for them to love. Our God is SO good.

I still have so much to do tonight. It will take us at least two hours just to inflate all of the balloons tomorrow. I picked up the new photo banner of Ash before leaving town this morning and I was blown away by how great it looks. I just can't wait to display Ash's banners tomorrow and fill the place with pink balloons and flowers. Its going to be so perfect for our little pickle. More than anything tomorrow is a celebration of the goodness of the Lord. He is the reason we will assemble together and have the opportunity to love on our two year old baby. My heart is so full!

I will not celebrate tomorrow without remembering some very special people. Without the gift they gave our sweet Ashley would not be turning two years old. They are never far from my thoughts and are always in my heart. Our donor family will forever be linked to the life of our sweet Ashley Kate. I look at her and I am reminded of the loss they still grieve. Thank you God for this family and for what they have given to us.

Tomorrow will be filled with fun and laughter. It will be filled with hugs and kisses. It will be filled with thanksgiving. It will be filled with those we love so very much. Tomorrow we will celebrate the life of our youngest child and the miracle that she is. I wish you all could be with us because you have become an extension of our family. I promise to share photos of our gherkin and her birthday celebration with you. Thank you for loving her. Goodnight and God bless you. Trish

7 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures - I am sure it will be a great party and time of rejoicing! You make me smile! Lou Ann

 
At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley is so very lucky to have such a great family! Trish - I love you so much and there is nothing I wouldn't do for your family and that precious miracle that is blowing into Oklahoma with you. I am praying for a successful party filled with an overabundance of laughter and love! Safe traveling! Regina D.

 
At 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give that darling little pickle.....that precious 2 year old miracle child .... HUGE Hugs & kisses from our family. She has become a part of our family through prayer....my kids don't miss a night lifting her up... & we are so thankful that she is doing well & will celebrate her second birthday surrounded by her family that GOD ordained to raise her. God is so GOOD! Can't wait to see the pictures....hope she has one with cake all over....fun..fun!!! (= Praying for safe travel.

 
At 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday baby pickle!!! Have been checking in and thinking of you all so often. Have a wonderful miracle filled celebration. I can't imagine how happy you all must be! Enjoy your long missed family, all the pink balloons, the happy baby, being together and the fact that our God knows the plans He has for Ashley! Plans to give Her hope and a future. We love you God and we love you Ashley. Colleen in NE ohio

 
At 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ashley! So glad she is doing so well. And hope y'all have so much fun celebrating and letting her eat her cake. Remember, it's her party she can cry if she wants to!

Go Blake! Hit a Homer at the tournament. Can't wait to hear about that.

Marlain & Jeff

 
At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little pickle girl!! She is so precious. Also, today, SUnday, I read in the paper about the Tarheels heading to Colorado...GO TEAM!! Have a safe and happy trip! Can't wait to hear about Ash's big bash and the tournament.
Terri

 
At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to a sweet miracle girl!! Y'all have a fabulous day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home