Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/02/2007

So Blessed to Share Her

We did it! We went, we went inside, we watched. It was difficult at first. A panic feeling came all over me as the gym began to fill up with parents and children, but then around the corner came a blessing and it was all ok.

I looked up and in walked a very dear friend of ours who has loved our Ashley and prayed for Ashley from the very beginning. I was so blessed to see her. What a joy it was to have the opportunity to share our sweet Ashley Kate with her. As I began to fill out our paperwork she offered to hold Ash and it was ok to actually say yes. To watch her cuddle our sweet girl and rock her to sleep was incredible. Ash rarely allows anyone to touch her and very few people have ever had the opportunity to hold her. It gave me such a feeling of normalcy to watch my friend love on my baby. Such JOY! What a gift the Father had in store for me this afternoon. How exciting to finally be able to share her with the world a little bit.

Dave came in from the office late tonight and exclaimed, "That baby is cuter than I have ever seen her!" I think he is right. She gets cuter and cuter each and every day as her little personality blossoms. Tonight she is rolling around in her crib and playing with her toes as Blake entertains her. He is jumping around and acting silly and she loves it. He leans into the crib and she grabs his face with those tiny hands to tell him how very much she loves him. She is learning to give the sweetest hugs. She really does give and receive love. God has been so very good to our family. He could have stopped with allowing us to love her, but He didn't. He has allowed her to not only receive our love, but to give it back. To be loved by our sweet Ashley is so incredible. Her little eyes light up when we walk in the room and that smile just spreads and spreads.

I had planned to have all of the packing completed by tonight, but it didn't happen. I have Blake and Ash packed and that's about it. We are all going to end up in Colorado together eventually, but not until Wednesday. Blake will arrive first early Monday morning, then the girls and I will arrive sometime Monday evening, and then Dave will join us Wednesday night. With the guys traveling separately from us they require separate bags and then we have all of Ash's "necessary items" and then Al's and mine. Not to mention all of the ball equipment and uniforms and such. Our house is wall to wall piles and lists.

We will be traveling for a good portion of tomorrow, but once we arrive in Oklahoma I will share with you how Ash is doing. We will be working late tomorrow evening on a few final details for her party and then on Saturday we will be turning the venue into a magical place. I am so excited! Just try to imagine more pink balloons than you could ever count. She is going to be one happy baby.

Well the birthday girl is fussing in her room and I am the only one still awake. I get to go check on her and kiss her goodnight one more time. Thanks for being here. Your presence on her journal still blesses me. I so appreciate those of you who are still praying for our pickle. Take care and good night. Trish

6 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see Ashley and praying she is feeling well enough to be held again so I can hopefully have a turn. Praying for safe travels and smooth party planning. Let us know if you need any help, errands, or whatever. Seth prayed special prayers tonight for her to feel good on the trip. (Probably because he hurled all the way home from his car sickness on our trip last weekend.) He was pretty specific in his requests to God. :) So funny.

 
At 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Ashley's first real outing went so well and that you survived it. I know you were relieved when you saw your friend and how nice it was that Ashley let your friend hold her. Maybe next time won't be so tramatic for mommy.
Hope you and all the family have a safe trip for the big birthday party and then on to Colorado. Go Blake Go, Go Tarheels.
I know Ashley's party will be wonderful with ALL the family members there. Sounds like God is really pouring out blessings and I am so happy for all of you. Have lots and lots of fun and keep us posted when you can. We will waiting to hear all about the party and Blake's game. Much love to all~~~Janiece

 
At 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post just made me smile, Trish. I am SO very very happy for all of you-- it blesses my heart to hear that Ashley is doing so well. I only wish that I could get a chance to hold that beautiful girl as well!
Praying for you as you make the trip-- and I cannot wait to see birthday photos :)
God Keep...

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

I'm proud of you! I know walking in that gym was very hard, but God was with you and you knew it. Have a safe and wonderful journey! Enjoy the party and give Ashley tons of birthday hugs and kisses from all of us.

 
At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blessing! I am so glad that you guys had a good time at the gym. I am praying for a safe trip for your family. ~Chan~

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger cindy/barron said...

HAPPRY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GERHKIN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home