Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/01/2007

Choices

The kids have all fallen asleep and Dave and I are enjoying a little quiet time together. I have been thinking a lot lately about choices so I decided to ask him what he thought were some of the better choices he had made. He looked at me for a moment and then answered,"I chose a salad from Fazolis today instead of tacos from Taco Bell." This was not quite what I was expecting so after I quit laughing at him because he had entirely missed my point I gave him a look like "are you serious?" He came back with this. " I chose you, and I chose to have three children instead of only two and I chose a great profession. " Redeemed? Absolutely. Now he was getting it.

This afternoon I watched Blake entertain our sweet Ashley Kate, and I was thankful we chose to listen to His call. Tonight I walked into the girls room and saw Allison leaning over the crib to kiss Ash goodnight, and I was thankful we chose to follow our hearts. Tomorrow morning I will wake up our tiny princess and be greeted with those sleepy eyes and her sweet smile, and I know that I will thank the Father for choosing me.

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

And I'm glad that you chose to share this journey with us. Thanks for keeping us updated on the ups and downs and allowing us to pray with and for you.

 
At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo've taught me so much Trish. Mostly to be thankful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home