Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/13/2007

Treasured


We wanted to share with you a little piece of a gift that was given to our sweet Ashley Kate by her grandma on her second birthday. Just like our Ashley it will forever be treasured.


As I've thought of my gift for you to celebrate two years,
The more I remembered my eyes filled with tears.
My precious, sweet Ashley, what a treasure you are
There's no doubt about it, you're one of God's bright stars!

You were given to us when you were tiny and new,
But even before your beginning God had BIG plans for you!
And you've touched many lives right from the start
and caused wonderful changes in many a heart.

So as I thought of the treasure He created in you,
I took those thoughts with me and before I knew,
I had found a special box; a treasure not of gold,
But one of pure silver with a story to be told.

The box shows rare beauty; it's creator made sure
That the silver he used was shiny and pure.
And the treasure inside it is equally grand.
A collection of memories wonderfully crafted by man.

Each charm this box holds reminds me of your time on earth.
Beginning with the very first day of your birth.
Another one brings to mind that you are dedicated to Him.
And another makes me think of you being given life again!

There's one to remind you to take time to pray.
And another to remember you are loved every day.
Yes, Ashley, my gift is a gift to be treasured,
I pray it serves to remind you that love cannot be measured.

And just as reminders of events will be added to your box
God will open your heart and remove any locks.
And He will add to the treasure He created in you,
And as you grow and develop we will all get to view.

The beauty inside you we already see is there.
Placed by Jesus Himself through His love beyond compare!
Happy Birthday, sweet baby. I love you so much.
And I'm so thankful to have you to hold and to touch!!!

Grandma

12 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beautifully wirtten and the cake is gorgeous!

 
At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...i'm crying now!! that is soo sweet! go grandma!!
and yes..the cake is stunning!!
....and thanks for sharing the pictures...we were anxiously waiting.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

WOW - the cake is soo adorable...I missed your daily posts but hope you had a wonderful time! I love the picture where someone is holding her and they are both making sad faces...too cute!

I love what grandma wrote - what a beautiful tribute to an amazing two years! Sunshine

 
At 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful I am in tears now as I read this. Very sweet and oh so true. Ashley has defiantly changed many lives. Wonderfully sweet and special baby girl! love always ~Chan~

PS I love all the pic's but the pic with Aunt Rae is especially cute!

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures, too! I love the ones where people are holding her. What a joy for you to finally be able to let people hold her and love on her. And of course, Ashley is just beautiful.

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger PerryRocks said...

The party looked like so much fun. I love the cake and Ashley looked so cute.

BTW- How did the Tarheels do?

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Oh my...I can't even think of anything to say. She is beautiful. Just beautiful.
d:)

 
At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see this post. I know how very busy all of you have been but, you have spoiled us and we love reading Ashley's story so I have been checking several times a day and boy am I relieved to see this.
I know the party for that special two year old had to be such a delight. It was just great seeing her being held by family members and not having to be isolated. What a blessing it had to be for all of them.
Glenda, the poem is beautiful and what a treasure that will be. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Praying for great days ahead. Love to all~~~~Janiece

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger PartyofFive said...

The letter, the cake, the party and Ashley Kate--all so sweet and beautiful!

 
At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everthing was so beautiful, but the prettiest part of the party was Ashley. Thanks for sharing her with us. I loved seeing her look so strong and healthy!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger ohAmanda said...

Awesome! Ashley is just beautiful.

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger TheRagan3 said...

a beautiful poem from the heart of a wonderful grandma! My mom wrote a poem too for Abraham's 1st b-day. I have it in his keepsake book. What a treasure they (and we) have in our grandparents!
Erinn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home