Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/16/2007

She is such a Girl!

Moody? Emotional? Unpredictable? That pretty much explains it.

After yesterday's grumpy attitude I honestly had no idea what to expect from our sweet Ashley today. As I went to wake her this morning I could feel myself holding my breath as I tiptoed into the room. There she was. Rosy cheeked, smiling, eyes twinkling, and tiny hands clapping as I came around the corner. Ash was back. No more grumpy looks, fussy noises, or crocodile tears. The only explanation I could come up with is that she is a girl. Yep, I admit it. Tears for no reason at all can quickly turn into uncontrollable giggles. She doesn't necessarily need a reason for behaving the way she did yesterday. I've had days like that. Everything makes me cry. I can't seem to lose my grumpy attitude. Nothing has to be wrong all I know is that its just not right. We have definitely been created with a complex group of emotions and feelings. As I watched our tiny pickle play herself into exhaustion today I tried to figure out what in the world could have been wrong with her yesterday. I found myself being thankful that my salvation and my faith does not depend on the way I feel. Just as my love for Ash didn't waiver during her fussy day His love for me and His promises to me do not waiver. If I had to "feel" saved or "feel" that I was walking close to Him each and every day in order for my salvation to be real then I would definitely be in some trouble. Thankfully salvation isn't based on my feelings. I am so glad that it comes from His grace. Regardless of whether I "feel" saved or not He promises what He promises and my state of emotion doesn't have the power to change that.


Ash has been so silly and so sweet today. She has laughed and giggled all day long. She crinkles up her nose and smiles so wide her little eyes squint. She is such a joy! I just love her so much. She was nothing short of adorable. We really had a great day with her. As I type I can hear her daddy over the monitor as he tucks her into the crib. What a blessing it is to have her home with all of us. She isn't allowing him to leave. I have heard him say "Night, night Ashley Kate" at least a dozen times now. When it comes to tough love and allowing her to cry herself to sleep he is absolutely the worst at it. He tries, but that little pickle has him all figured out. She's not going down until mommy comes in and makes him leave.

God has been so very good to us. My heart is so full as I look around and see all the blessings in our lives. As you pray tonight would you please pray for a couple of our little transplant friends.
They continue to struggle and my heart is heavy for them. They and their families really need our prayers tonight. Thank you for checking on Ash tonight. I appreciate each of you who continue to pray for and love our little one. Good night. Trish

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you said about "feeling." And I am so glad Ashley is feeling better. I will definitely pray for your transplant friends.

Natalie
natalieperry.blogspot.com

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Mrs. Hany said...

hey, one of your pseudo lurkers, I must say even though Ash was grumpy yesterday she is looking AMAZING! Her eyes and cheeks, she just has a little sparkle to her. We continue to pray for you all! God is SO good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home