Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/03/2007

Smiling

Inside and out this morning. Life is blessed and good and wonderful. My phone rang early this morning. Around 8:00(after staying up with a nauseated baby till after 3:00am that makes it early) I thought I could hear it ringing but didn't get up to locate it. Two minutes later it rang again and I stumbled across the room to where it was.

"Hello", I said.

"HI, MOM! Its Blake." I absolutely love the fact that he thinks he needs to identify himself to me.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Yes, but I need to get up and get in the shower anyway." I said.

"I'm sorry, I just missed talking to you last night so I wanted to call you and tell you to have a great day." Honestly, how could I not? Hearing his voice first thing this morning and knowing that my 12 year old was thinking of me? I love him so much!

He was up getting ready to leave for the Tarheels tournament in Dallas.

"Did you pack 2 full sets of uniforms? Both sets of cleats? Your flops. Your contacts and your toothbrush?" I instinctively asked.

"Yes mam, I got it all, and I'm ready to go."

"Your turning out to be a pretty good mom aren't you?", I teased.

"Uh- huh, but its not easy being you.", he laughed and his laughter made my heart smile.

"Would you like to talk to Allie?"

"Sure," I said.

I waited and then I heard the most beautiful east Texas drawl you have ever heard," Hiiiiii, Mommy. I love you today." Ok, so by now the smile on my heart has spread to my face.

We chatted a while about her plans for the day with her best friend Chelsea and then she had to go get ready for her soccer game. It was her last one of the season and they won it 1-0.

My day couldn't have began any better. I love those two kids so very much, and I can't wait to be home with them attending their baseball tournaments and soccer games.

Ashley Kate is quite smiley today. She makes me laugh out loud. We have spent precious hours on the floor together this morning as she refused to share any toys with me. Each thing I chose to play with looked pretty good to her and she would take it from me and shake her head "no, no." She is so ornery! I look at her silly expressions and grumpy attitude and this feeling of joy and happiness spreads all over me.

She is napping now and making those sweet, sweet sounds that I love so very much. Dave left Al's soccer game and is rushing over to Blake's tournament for the weekend. I am waiting on his phone call so I can listen to the play by play of our beloved Tarheels. They only have 2 more weekends of play this season and then they will break for the holidays. Hopefully Ash and I will be home for the season opener in the Spring. Hard to believe we missed another Fall season.

How could I not be smiling today? I have 3 amazing, beautiful, talented, precious young people who I get to call mine. I am blessed beyond measure. Its going to be a good day. Just knowing they love me and that they know how much they are loved brought a smile to my face this morning. Its 2:30 and I'm still smiling. Life is good. God has been good.

9 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankful for God's peace....& the smiles He provided from a good source...the children He blessed you with.... (=
Still praying....

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Sounds like Christmas is beginning in your hearts...who needs lights when smiles are so much brighter?

Still praying...asking God to do a miracle right now...this very moment...healing Ashley and taking you both home for Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Love,
holly

 
At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE blessed. I am amazed by your spirit as you sit in that hospital room day after day. It's amazing how a child's voice or smile can change the whole day! Praying for smiles, and I pray for daily strength for you and Ashley in hopes that you will be home for the holidays.
Beth

 
At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously Trish, every time I read this site - no matter good or bad - I end up crying. Every time! And it is such a blessing when a sister or brother in Christ can actually express their being blessed. You are blessed, and we are blessed by you.

As always, hugs and prayers...

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Keri said...

Smiling with you, too! Continue to have a happy, happy day. I'll be praying that you're doing just that!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Oh, this is just what your heart needed today. I am so happy for you to have started your day with pure love. You sound light hearted for sure. Asking God to continue healing Princess Ashley and giving her more smiles than frowns on her cute face. See? These are much better than what ifs anyday. You just need more of these mornings to get you through until you pack-up and go home for the holidays. I am praying for this for you so much.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

What a wonderful way to start your day! To love and to be loved by your kids is an amazing gift. One we often take for granted. Thanks for reminding us what a true blessing it is! Glad Ashley's having a great day!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Trish, you have such a cool family! All of them from little Ashley all the way up to Blake! You take care of them and they will take care of you too!! Little Ashley looks wonderful!
MichelleJ

 
At 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am smiling today for you, Trish. What beautiful children you have. I so love your family.

Praying.

Shari

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home