Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

5/13/2008

Yikes!

Just finished attempting to draw blood for Ash's labs this morning. Somethings up, but don't know what. This child looks better than she EVER has, but her blood is messed up.

I struggled to get blood from the line, it was thick(something that should be impossible with the amount of coumidin she is taking). By the time I could get it into the tubes it was already clotting. Again this should be impossible because of her coumidin. What is going on?

As I tried and tried to get it to flow into the little tubes, a clot(where did that come from? shes on COUMIDIN!) broke free and blood squirted all over the bed, the headboard, the wall, and us. Yikes! It looked criminal in our room this morning. Allie's eyes were huge! I'm surprised she didn't get sprinkled herself as she waited on me to finish so I could fix her hair for school.

I remember a night in the hospital when she was so dry it was almost impossible to get any blood to flow from her veins, but she was really, really weak and sick. She looks nothing like that now. She is happy and silly. Strong and ornery. Her heart rate is good and her blood pressure is fine too. Nothing makes any sense.

I 'm just sitting here waiting for the lab to call me and tell me the blood is not any good. I don't think they will be able to run any tests on it because of its thickness, but I tried anyway. We really need to see what her PT and INR levels are. We also need to know the BUN and sodium levels. Hopefully they can do something with what I sent.

Never boring around here. There's always something going on. Praying this is quickly resolved and not that big of a deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home